domestic, domestic help, house servant(adj)
a servant who is paid to perform menial tasks around the household
of concern to or concerning the internal affairs of a nation
"domestic issues such as tax rate and highway construction"
of or relating to the home
"domestic servant"; "domestic science"
of or involving the home or family
"domestic worries"; "domestic happiness"; "they share the domestic chores"; "everything sounded very peaceful and domestic"; "an author of blood-and-thunder novels yet quite domestic in his taste"
converted or adapted to domestic use
"domestic animals"; "domesticated plants like maize"
produced in a particular country
"domestic wine"; "domestic oil"
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
List of paraphrases:
internal, national, inland, local, interior, internally, household, inner, family, home, indoor, residential, in-house, procedure, inside, intra-family, conjugal, spousal, homeland, canadian, intra-familial, families, in-country, intra-state, nationals, domesticated, single, home-based, nationale, mainland
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use DOMESTIC in a sentence?
Interestingly, the domestic terrorism definition was included in the 9-11 legislation with international terrorism, but there are no charges or penalties associated with it, so, New York City.The FBI will open up a case under domestic terrorism, but they don't have the ability to be able to charge a domestic terrorism case. We simply added charges to domestic terrorism to give New York City.The FBI a tool in addition to their crimes that they can charge whether New York City.The FBI be capital murder to assault.
The US is one of the largest hospitality markets, both in terms of [ domestic ] and international tourism, and therefore presents a huge opportunity for us.
With cash yields close to zero almost everywhere, we feel that markets still offer much better investment prospects ...as we head into 2016, resilience in developed markets' domestic demand will remain a steady anchor for the global economy in the coming quarters.
We just want people to know that domestic violence is on the rise and that, even during this horrible time, shelters are open and that resources are available.
What Frank Snepp have seen in all cases is that unless the U.S. has a politically viable domestic partner, neither limited nor massive military intervention is going to succeed.
Translations for DOMESTIC
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- منزلي, المنزليArabic
- домашна помощница, питомен, семеен, домашен, местенBulgarian
- interior, domèsticCatalan, Valencian
- tuzemský, domácíCzech
- Domestik, Domestike, inländischGerman
- empleada domestica, empleada, nacional, malos tratos, domésticoSpanish
- kotimaan, koti, kotitalous, perhe, kotiapulainen, sisäasiat, sisä-, sisäinen, kotimainen, piika, kesy, perheriitaFinnish
- conjugal, familial, national, domestique, intestin, intérieurFrench
- פנימי, ביתיHebrew
- belföldi, hazai, házi, belfHungarian
- տնային, հայրենական, ընտանիArmenian
- domestica, domesticoItalian
- 国内, 国内のJapanese
- 국내, 가정의, 하인Korean
- фамилијарен, домашен, семеен, куќен помошник, домашно, куќна момошничкаMacedonian
- domestik, bela jinakMalay
- bílaʼashdlaʼii bilį́į́ʼNavajo, Navaho
- domowy, krajowyPolish
- empregada, domesticado, doméstico, doméstica, empregada doméstica, nacional, domesticadaPortuguese
- ме́стный, оте́чественный, дома́шний, вну́тренний, внутреннийRussian
- trong nướcVietnamese
Get even more translations for DOMESTIC »
Find a translation for the DOMESTIC synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)