Synonyms for belt
This thesaurus page includes all potential synonyms, words with the same meaning and similar terms for the word belt.
Wiktionary0.0 / 0 votes
The small town was belted by cornfields in all directions.
A band used as a restraint for safety purposes, such as a seat belt.
Keep your belt fastened; this is going to be quite a bumpy ride.
A band that is used in a machine to help transfer motion or power.
The motor had a single belt that snaked its way back and forth around a variety of wheels.
A powerful blow, often made with a fist or heavy object.
He belted out the national anthem.
A quick drink of liquor.
Care to join me in a belt of scotch?
To hit someone or something.
The angry player belted the official across the face, and as a result was ejected from the game.
To move very fast
He was really belting along.
Princeton's WordNet0.0 / 0 votes
endless loop of flexible material between two rotating shafts or pulleys
a band to tie or buckle around the body (usually at the waist)
an elongated region where a specific condition or characteristic is found
"a belt of high pressure"
knock, bash, bang, smash, beltnoun
a vigorous blow
"the sudden knock floored him"; "he took a bash right in his face"; "he got a bang on the head"
crash, bam, swath, boot, clap, bang, fringe, strike, thrill, smasher, roast, rap, belted ammunition, kick, knock, rush, flush, overhead, brawl, smash-up, belt ammunition, charge, whang, whack, hit, knocking, eruption, bash, do, blast, smash
a path or strip (as cut by one course of mowing)
belt, belt ammunition, belted ammunitionnoun
ammunition (usually of small caliber) loaded in flexible linked strips for use in a machine gun
knock, belt, rap, whack, whangverb
the act of hitting vigorously
"he gave the table a whack"
belt out, beltverb
sing loudly and forcefully
deliver a blow to
"He belted his opponent"
fasten with a belt
"belt your trousers"
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words0.0 / 0 votes
What does BELT stand for? -- Explore the various meanings for the BELT acronym on the Abbreviations.com website.
Words popularity by usage frequency
When he said he hit a friend of his in the face with a lock, with a pad lock, right in the face, I say, 'Whoa,' that's pretty bad, and when he said he stabbed somebody with a knife but it hit a belt buckle -- I know all about knives and belt buckles. Belt buckles aren't gonna stop because they can turn, they can twist ... they're not solid especially if somebody's got a couple extra pounds on them.
People who go broke in a big way never miss any meals. It is the poor jerk who is shy a half slug who must tighten his belt.
If you're going to be a healer, it's not enough to read books and learn allegorical stories. you need to get your feet wet, get some clinical experience under your belt.
Will: He used to just put a belt, a stick, and a wrench on the kitchen table and say, “Choose.” Sean: Well, I gotta go with the belt there. Will: I used to go with the wrench. Sean: Why? Will: Cause fuck him, that’s why.
At every stop, the media had an explanation for why the crowds weren't significant, 5,000 people here? 'Oh, that's Bernie's home city.' New Hampshire, 'Oh, that's next door.' We went to Minneapolis and had 4,000 people -- 'Oh, well, that's the Frost Belt. Frost Belt people like him.' Then we went to Denver, and it was 'college liberals.'.
Translations for belt
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- пас, рэменьBelarusian
- колан, зона, пояс, ремък, опасвам, препасвам, бия с каиш, обгръщамBulgarian
- gouriz-surentez, bandenn, gourizBreton
- cop, cinturó, regió, corretjaCatalan, Valencian
- pás, pásek, řemen, opasekCzech
- sikkerhedssele, livrem, region, slag, kæberasler, drivrem, bælte, omringe, omgiveDanish
- Gürtel, Gurt, Zone, RiemenGerman
- ζώνη, ιμάνταςGreek
- golpear, cinturón, cincho, faja, correa, cinto, golpe, cinturón de seguridadSpanish
- vyö, hihna, vyöhykeFinnish
- région, courroie, ceintureFrench
- पेटी, बेल्टHindi
- nadrágszíj, gépszíj, szíj, övHungarian
- շարժափոկ, գոտի, փոկ, ղարիշArmenian
- regione, colpo, cintura, cintola, cinghia, zona, allacciare, cingereItalian
- 地帯, ベルトJapanese
- სარტყელი, ღვედიGeorgian
- قایش, qayiş, پشتێن, kemerKurdish
- juosta, diržasLithuanian
- josta, siksnaLatvian
- tātua, tauiti, whītiki, tautitiMāori
- slag, riem, ceintuur, gordel, broeksband, oplawaai, dreun, klap, veiligheidsgordel, omringen, omgorden, omgeven, insnoeren, omzomen, brullenDutch
- belte, regionNorwegian
- sisNavajo, Navaho
- pas, pasekPolish
- cinta, cinturão, correia, pancada, cinto, rodear, cingir, cintar, cercarPortuguese
- cordon, curea, brâu, centurăRomanian
- удар, ремень, ремешок, поясок, поясRussian
- rȅmēn, појас, ȕdār, pȃs, опасач, pȍjās, opàsāč, пасSerbo-Croatian
- opasok, pások, pás, remeňSlovak
- bälte, gördelSwedish
- kemer, kayışTurkish
- ремінь, поясUkrainian
- dây lưng, dây nịtVietnamese
Get even more translations for belt »
Find a translation for the belt synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"belt." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 29 Sep. 2023. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/belt>.