Synonyms for crash
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term crash.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
clang, clangor, clangour, clangoring, clank, clash, crashnoun
a loud resonant repeating noise
"he could hear the clang of distant bells"
a serious accident (usually involving one or more vehicles)
"they are still investigating the crash of the TWA plane"
a sudden large decline of business or the prices of stocks (especially one that causes additional failures)
the act of colliding with something
"his crash through the window"; "the fullback's smash into the defensive line"
(computer science) an event that causes a computer system to become inoperative
"the crash occurred during a thunderstorm and the system has been down ever since"
fall or come down violently
"The branch crashed down on my car"; "The plane crashed in the sea"
move with, or as if with, a crashing noise
"The car crashed through the glass door"
undergo damage or destruction on impact
"the plane crashed into the ocean"; "The car crashed into the lamp post"
move violently as through a barrier
"The terrorists crashed the gate"
crash, break up, break apartverb
break violently or noisily; smash;
fragmentise, fragmentize, decompose, collapse, gate-crash, interrupt, ram, split up, pick, go down, dismantle, break up, recess, part, crock up, disunify, sever, cut off, fragment, split, disperse, separate, disrupt, dissolve, crack, scatter, disassemble, break apart, doss down, barge in, calve, dissipate, dispel, break down, resolve, take apart, doss, dash, adjourn, break, crack up
occupy, usually uninvited
"My son's friends crashed our house last weekend"
make a sudden loud sound
"the waves crashed on the shore and kept us awake all night"
barge in, crash, gate-crashverb
enter uninvited; informal
"let's crash the party!"
cause to crash
"The terrorists crashed the plane into the palace"; "Mother crashed the motorbike into the lamppost"
hurl or thrust violently
"He dashed the plate against the wall"; "Waves were dashing against the rock"
barge in, scare off, go down, shoot, scoot, pall, doss down, frighten away, flash, gate-crash, scare, break apart, doss, daunt, scud, break up, ram, scare away, frighten off, dart, dash, smash
undergo a sudden and severe downturn
"the economy crashed"; "will the stock market crash again?"
crash, go downverb
"My computer crashed last night"; "The system goes down at least once a week"
doss, doss down, crashverb
sleep in a convenient place
"You can crash here, though it's not very comfortable"
Corticosteroid Randomisation After Significant Head Injury
Words popularity by usage frequency
We were just touring the building and the stairwell was weak, it seemed weak but we did not realize how weak it was until several people had gone down it and then we heard the crash and saw the stairs fall.
I would like to offer my sincerest condolences to the friends and families of loved ones lost in Saturday's terrible crash, as well as my gratitude to all of the first responders and volunteers who quickly and valiantly responded to the scene.
We have had a couple of events recently but in general jetliners don't crash during the cruise.
Her father was involved in that crash who lost his daughter. Her mom whose been notified has lost her child. And there’s somebody that’s going to drive around the rest of their life knowing that they were involved in a traffic crash that killed a 7-year-old girl.
I heard what sounded like a gunshot! I heard a big firing, probably two minutes before the next two shots I heard and then after that there was a CRASH. I didn’t see anything, but I heard it!
Translations for crash
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- حادث إصطدام, تحطمArabic
- крушэ́нне, ава́рыя, катастро́фаBelarusian
- катастро́фа, трясък, катастрофирам, разбивам, провал, срив, сриване, грохот, крах, с трясък, строшавам, сривам се, внезапноBulgarian
- sammenstød, flystyrt, krash, overnatte, lyn-, crash, nedbrud, forceret, crashe, bragDanish
- Zusammenstoß, anprallen, Absturz, Krachen, abstürzenGerman
- choque, chocarSpanish
- pika-, törmäys, tappura, kolari, intensiivi-, rysähdys, romahdus, sortua, kuokkia, kaatua, onnettomuus, rohdin, kaatuminen, törmätä, romahtaa, lauma, romuttaa, törmäyttääFinnish
- accident, descente, planter, plantage, krach, écrasement, s'écraser, pieuterFrench
- baleset, szerencsétlenségHungarian
- blocco, fracasso, imbucarsi, incidente, scontro, crolloItalian
- クラッシュ, 激突, 墜落, クラッシュする, 衝突, 衝突するJapanese
- 추락, 충돌Korean
- bäikéierenLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- computercrash, knal, neerstorten, beurscrash, botsing, crash, binnenvallen, vastlopenDutch
- wypadek, krach, awaria, grzmot, kraksaPolish
- batida, falha, colidir, falhar, bater, chocar, invadirPortuguese
- гро́хот, крах, врезаться, грохнуться, сломать, сломаться, круше́ние, поло́мка, разбиться, разбить, грохнуть, нагрянуть, переночевать, ава́рия, катастро́фаRussian
- våldgästa, kraschaSwedish
- ава́рія, катастро́фаUkrainian
- tai nạnVietnamese
Get even more translations for crash »
Find a translation for the crash synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"crash." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2022. Web. 2 Oct. 2022. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/crash>.