Synonyms for blank
This thesaurus page includes all potential synonyms, words with the same meaning and similar terms for the word blank.
English Synonyms and Antonyms0.0 / 0 votes
That is empty which contains nothing; that is vacant which is without that which has filled or might be expected to fill it; vacant has extensive reference to rights or possibilities of occupancy. A vacant room may not be empty, and an empty house may not be vacant. Vacant, as derived from the Latin, is applied to things of some dignity; empty, from the Saxon, is preferred in speaking of slight, common, or homely matters, tho it may be applied with special force to the highest; we speak of empty space, a vacant lot, an empty dish, an empty sleeve, a vacant mind, an empty heart, an empty boast, a vacant office, a vacant or leisure hour. Void and devoid are rarely used in the literal sense, but for the most part confined to abstract relations, devoid being followed by of, and having with that addition the effect of a prepositional phrase; as, the article is devoid of sense; the contract is void for want of consideration. Waste, in this connection, applies to that which is made so by devastation or ruin, or gives an impression of desolation, especially as combined with vastness, probably from association of the words waste and vast: waste is applied also to uncultivated or unproductive land, if of considerable extent; we speak of a waste track or region, but not of a waste city lot. Vacuous refers to the condition of being empty or vacant, regarded as continuous or characteristic.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms0.0 / 0 votes
Princeton's WordNet0.0 / 0 votes
a blank character used to separate successive words in writing or printing
"he said the space is the most important character in the alphabet"
a blank gap or missing part
a piece of material ready to be made into something
blank, dummy, blank shelladjective
a cartridge containing an explosive charge but no bullet
blank, clean, whiteadjective
(of a surface) not written or printed on
"blank pages"; "fill in the blank spaces"; "a clean page"; "wide white margins"
lily-white, uncontaminating, clean-living, sporting, vacuous, white-hot, unobjectionable, fresh, bloodless, sporty, clear, snowy, neat, white, unclouded, livid, ashen, clean, light, fair, blanched, whitened, uninfected, sportsmanlike
void of expression
"a blank stare"
not charged with a bullet
"a blank cartridge"
keep the opposing (baseball) team from winning
Dictionary of English Synonymes0.0 / 0 votes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words0.0 / 0 votes
Song lyrics by blank -- Explore a large variety of song lyrics performed by blank on the Lyrics.com website.
Words popularity by usage frequency
Some people expect the lawmakers to just cut the check and don't ask too many questions, but Congress should not give any president a blank check and Congress should not be a rubber stamp, as the branch of government most responsible for the character and contours of our military.
But Congress should not give any president a blank check and Congress should not be a rubber stamp, as the branch of government most responsible for the character and contours of our military.
But after The Azeri capital Baku The Azeri capital Baku will be The Azeri capital Baku. We have gone to the commercial market place with a blank piece of paper, containing a concept and a bunch of promises.
I'm going to be point blank, I feel like it's cheating . . .
You know...that a blank wall is an apalling thing to look at. The wall of a museum -- a canvas -- a piece of film -- or a guy sitting in front of a typewriter. Then, you start out to do something -- that vague thing called creation. The beginning strikes awe within you.
Translations for blank
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- الخالي, فارغ, خالٍArabic
- празнина, бланка, шпация, непопълнен, празно място, формуляр, заготовка, неизписан, интервал, безцветен, празен, бял, изтривам, изличавам, бия на нулаBulgarian
- ubeskrevet, tom, [[løs]] [[patron]], blanko-, mellemrum, hvid, blank, rubrik, råemne, farveløs, stregeDanish
- unausgefüllt, ausdruckslos, Platzpatrone, unbeschrieben, LeerzeichenGerman
- espacio, en blanco, blanco, cartucho de fogueo, bala de salva, espacio en blanco, blanquear, borrarSpanish
- ilmeetön, räkäpää, [[tyhjä]] [[tila]], väritön, tyhjämerkki, välilyönti, tyhjä, paukkupatruuna, aihioFinnish
- [[cartouche]] [[à blanc]], espace, [[balle]] [[à blanc]], préforme, vierge, blancFrench
- isian, peluru kosongIndonesian
- 空包, からの, 空Japanese
- losse flodder, spatieDutch
- mellomromNorwegian Nynorsk
- puste miejsce, niewypełniony, niezapisany, niezadrukowany, ślepy nabój, spacja, pusty, bezbarwny, czystyPolish
- lacuna, em brancoPortuguese
- necompletat, nescris, loc gol, curat, neexpresiv, inexpresiv, cartuș orbRomanian
- пустой, пустота, пробел, бесцветный, белый, заготовка, чистый, бледный, [[холостой]] [[патрон]], холостой, болванка, [[пустой, неисписанный, пропуск, незаполненный, стереть, стиратьRussian
- tom, lös patron, mellanslag, blank, blankaSwedish
Get even more translations for blank »
Find a translation for the blank synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"blank." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 7 Dec. 2023. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/blank>.