chill, iciness, gelidity(noun)
coldness due to a cold environment
frisson, shiver, chill, quiver, shudder, thrill, tingle(noun)
an almost pleasurable sensation of fright
"a frisson of surprise shot through him"
prickling, tremble, shaking, bang, pall, shake, trembling, thrill, kick, tingling, frisson, flush, shakiness, tingle, shudder, charge, quivering, gelidity, shiver, vibration, tremor, quiver, shivering, iciness, palpitation, boot, rush
a sensation of cold that often marks the start of an infection and the development of a fever
a sudden numbing dread
depress or discourage
"The news of the city's surrender chilled the soldiers"
cool, chill, cool down(verb)
make cool or cooler
"Chill the food"
cool, chill, cool down(verb)
"The air cooled considerably after the thunderstorm"
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use chill in a sentence?
It may give a lift to opponents who feel emboldened to keep pounding on things and it may chill some developers who might otherwise really want to do it.
Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument. The heated mind resents the chill touch and relentless scrutiny of logic.
I just got a little nervous, i've been doing totally fine. I've been completely relaxed, chill. So I'm going to get back into the place that I was and I'll be fine again.
Although the Commission will probably reiterate that there is no magic number and that every case needs to be assessed on its own merits, this will undoubtedly chill consolidation efforts in the telecoms industry and in particular every planned so-called four-to-three case, convergence therefore seems to be the only way forward for consolidation.
When chill November's surly blast make fields and forest bare.
Translations for chill
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- хлад, охлаждам, хладен, закалявам, студен, мраз, охладнявам, закалявам сеBulgarian
- Kälte, Schauer, Kälteschauer, abkühlen, chillen, Frost, kühler, Kühle, abschrecken, kühlen, relaxenGerman
- fresco, enfriar, fríoSpanish
- puistatus, kylmät väreet, karkaista, karkaistua, ottaa rennosti, viileä, väristys, viileys, jäähtyä, kylmentyä, viilentää, jäähdyttääFinnish
- froid, fraicheur, frisson, se relaxerFrench
- fuaraichScottish Gaelic
- קרירות, קריר, קרירה, צינהHebrew
- freddezza, raffreddamento, raffreddare, freddo, brivido, rilassarsi, frescura, fresco, brivido di freddo, gelo, raffreddarsi, calmarsiItalian
- chille, avkjøle, kjølneNorwegian
- hakʼazNavajo, Navaho
- холод, прохлада, мороз, озноб, дрожьRussian
Get even more translations for chill »
Find a translation for the chill synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)