court, tribunal, judicature(noun)
an assembly (including one or more judges) to conduct judicial business
courtroom, court of law, motor lodge, judicial system, courtyard, court of justice, homage, judicatory, lawcourt, judgeship, judiciary, motor inn, administration, motor hotel, tribunal, royal court, tourist court, judicature
a room in which a lawcourt sits
"television cameras were admitted in the courtroom"
court, royal court(noun)
the sovereign and his advisers who are the governing power of a state
a specially marked horizontal area within which a game is played
"players had to reserve a court in advance"
Court, Margaret Court(noun)
Australian woman tennis player who won many major championships (born in 1947)
court, royal court(noun)
the family and retinue of a sovereign or prince
motor hotel, motor inn, motor lodge, tourist court, court(noun)
a hotel for motorists; provides direct access from rooms to parking area
court, lawcourt, court of law, court of justice(noun)
a tribunal that is presided over by a magistrate or by one or more judges who administer justice according to the laws
the residence of a sovereign or nobleman
"the king will visit the duke's court"
an area wholly or partly surrounded by walls or buildings
"the house was built around an inner court"
"pay court to the emperor"
woo, court, romance, solicit(verb)
make amorous advances towards
"John is courting Mary"
seek someone's favor
"China is wooing Russia"
engage in social activities leading to marriage
"We were courting for over ten years"
English Synonyms and Antonyms
To accost is to speak first, to friend or stranger, generally with a view to opening conversation; greet is not so distinctly limited, since one may return another's greeting; greet and hail may imply but a passing word; greeting may be altogether silent; to hail is to greet in a loud-voiced and commonly hearty and joyous way, as appears in the expression "hail fellow, well met." To salute is to greet with special token of respect, as a soldier his commander. To apostrophize is to solemnly address some person or personified attribute apart from the audience to whom one is speaking; as, a preacher may apostrophize virtue, the saints of old, or even the Deity. To appeal is strictly to call for some form of help or support. Address is slightly more formal than accost or greet, though it may often be interchanged with them. One may address another at considerable length or in writing; he accosts orally and briefly.
Address the memorial to the legislature; the president addressed the people in an eloquent speech; he addressed an intruder with indignation.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Dictionary of English Synonymes
recess from a street
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
List of paraphrases:
tribunal, courts, cour, judicial, corte, tribunals, courtyard, yard, tribunale, cutoff, jurisdiction, justice, hof, short, judge, gerichtshof, rechtbank, courthouse, cut, icc, shut-off, ictr, courtroom, trial, icty, backyard, hearing, judiciary, ecj, icj, bíróság, gerechtshof, juridiction, legal
COntrast Media Utilisation in High-Risk PTCA
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use court in a sentence?
Regardless of the ruling, it has always been our goal to have uniformity throughout Florida until the final resolution of the numerous challenges to the voter-approved constitutional amendment on marriage, nonetheless, the Supreme Court has now spoken, and the stay will end on January 5.
Bahrain has evidence of Hakeem's criminal wrongdoing and if he doesn't want to return to that country then he must contest that in the court and it will take months.
He's a great player. We knew we had to get him off the court. Just tried to do whatever we could to stop him.
This is a fascinating new development, at the margin, if it drives some of these lawsuits away from Delaware under state law theories and into federal court, then it could actually increase the number of( federal) filings.
A lot of court cases will probably take place to determine what one can and can't do.
Translations for court
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- двор, судBelarusian
- съд, двор, дворец, кортBulgarian
- pista de joc, cortejarCatalan, Valencian
- dvorec, dvůr, soud, stání, kurtCzech
- ⰴⰲⱁⱃⱏ, дворъOld Church Slavonic, Church Slavonic, Old Bulgarian
- Hof, Gericht, Hofstaat, den Hof machen, werbenGerman
- δικαστήριο, αυλή, γήπεδο, ερωτοτροπώGreek
- callejón, corte, tribunal, juzgado, cancha, patio, cortejar, pololearSpanish
- دادگاه, محکمهPersian
- alue, lääni, sotilaslääni, tenniskenttä, hovi, oikeus, tuomioistuin, tuomari, istunto, piiri, hiippakunta, kenttä, sisäpiha, oikeussali, tuomaristoFinnish
- cour, tribunal, court de tennis, court, courtiser, faire la courFrench
- clós, cúirtIrish
- cùirtScottish Gaelic
- חצר, בית-משפט, בית משפט, משפטHebrew
- न्यायालय, अदालतHindi
- udvar, bíróság, teniszpálya, udvarolHungarian
- դատարան, կորտArmenian
- tribunale, cortile, campo, corte, corteggiare, fare la corteItalian
- 法廷, 法院, 庭, 裁判所, 中庭, 宮廷, 求愛Japanese
- 법원, 안뜰, 法院, 안마당Korean
- суд, сотKyrgyz
- aula, curiaLatin
- freienLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- суд, дворMacedonian
- laman dalam, gelanggang, mahkamahMalay
- baan, hof, paleis, binnenruimte, koer, hofhouding, rechtbank, gerechtDutch
- domstol, hoffNorwegian
- sąd, podwórze, kort, dwór, dziedziniec, jurysdykcjaPolish
- pátio, palácio, tribunal, quadra, corte, assembleia, cortejarPortuguese
- корт, дворец, двор, суд, [[добиваться]] [[расположение, свататься, ухаживатьRussian
- dvòrīšte, суд, sud, дво̀рӣштеSerbo-Croatian
- súd, dvorSlovak
- sodišče, dvoriščeSlovene
- rätt, tribunal, gård, hov, domstolSwedish
- అధికారిక సమావేశము, మైదానము, ఆవరణ, న్యాయస్థానము, గెలిచే ప్రయత్నముTelugu
- суд, маҳкамаTajik
- kort, mahkemeTurkish
- двір, судUkrainian
- sân, tòa ánVietnamese
Get even more translations for court »
Find a translation for the court synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Український (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)