a hypothetical case that law students argue as an exercise
"he organized the weekly moot"
of no legal significance (as having been previously decided)
arguable, debatable, disputable, moot(verb)
open to argument or debate
"that is a moot question"
consider, debate, moot, turn over, deliberate(verb)
think about carefully; weigh
"They considered the possibility of a strike"; "Turn the proposal over in your mind"
turn, reckon, dig, flip, pass on, weigh, view, debate, fence, reach, take, roll, study, see, deal, tump over, think, contend, conceive, give, deliberate, overturn, bowl over, delve, pass, tip over, count, upset, believe, flip over, turn over, regard, argue, consider, knock over, look at, hand, cut into
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use moot in a sentence?
Many people who are depressed or anxious don't have much of a libido so the concept of having less of one may be moot if they are having a hard time getting out of bed at all or getting to school or going out with their friends to the mall.
But the question was quickly made moot.
But in this case the patient already had widely metastatic cancer, so the horse was out of the barn— it had already spread. It was a moot point.
We know the Russians build excellent engines, but we don’t know how the quality control is, to a certain extent, it’s a moot point because NASA doesn’t have a lot of choices.
But this is all moot: it is not foreseeable that the British government will change its mind.
Translations for moot
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- مجادل فيهArabic
- discutible, plantejar, irrellevantCatalan, Valencian
- plantear, irrelevante, discutible, punto muerto, proponer, sugerirSpanish
- epärelevantti, asian vierestä, kiistanalainen, tuoda keskusteluunFinnish
- discutable, vain, vaine, stérileFrench
- hypothetisch, ter sprake brengen, ter tafel brengen, irrelevantDutch
- discutível, tencionar, propor, irrelevantePortuguese
- дискуссионный, теоретический, [[ставить]] [[вопрос]] [[на]] [[обсуждение]], гипотетический, спорныйRussian
- oviktig, ovidkommande, irrelevantSwedish
- спірний, піднімати питанняUkrainian
Get even more translations for moot »
Find a translation for the moot synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Український (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)