Synonyms for puzzle
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term puzzle.
Anything that is difficult to understand or make sense of.
Where he went after he left the house is a puzzle.
A game for one person that is more or less difficult to work out or complete.
A crossword puzzle.
A jigsaw puzzle.
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Conundrum, a word of unknown origin, signifies some question or statement in which some hidden and fanciful resemblance is involved, the answer often depending upon a pun; an enigma is a dark saying; a paradox is a true statement that at first appears absurd or contradictory; a problem is something thrown out for solution; puzzle (from oppose) referred originally to the intricate arguments by which disputants opposed each other in the old philosophic schools. The riddle is an ambiguous or paradoxical statement with a hidden meaning to be guessed by the mental acuteness of the one to whom it is proposed; the riddle is not so petty as the conundrum, and may require much acuteness for its answer; a problem may require simply study and scholarship, as a problem in mathematics; a puzzle may be in something other than verbal statement, as a dissected map or any perplexing mechanical contrivance. Both enigma and puzzle may be applied to any matter difficult of answer or solution, enigma conveying an idea of greater dignity, puzzle applying to something more commonplace and mechanical; there are many dark enigmas in human life and in the course of providence; the location of a missing object is often a puzzle.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
puzzle, puzzler, mystifier, teasernoun
a particularly baffling problem that is said to have a correct solution
"he loved to solve chessmate puzzles"; "that's a real puzzler"
a game that tests your ingenuity
perplex, vex, stick, get, puzzle, mystify, baffle, beat, pose, bewilder, flummox, stupefy, nonplus, gravel, amaze, dumbfoundverb
be a mystery or bewildering to
"This beats me!"; "Got me--I don't know the answer!"; "a vexing problem"; "This question really stuck me"
drum, lay, take, cause, receive, get at, outfox, wash up, foil, start, besot, father, experience, mystify, pound, rile, stun, have, become, sustain, stay, put, scram, regulate, drive, start out, amaze, stimulate, sire, model, devil, cohere, sting, engender, get to, cleave, go, fix, scotch, pay back, annoy, stick, suffer, beat up, beat, set about, trounce, get down, thrum, incur, posture, stick by, draw, contract, bring forth, grow, dumbfound, stupefy, exhaust, overreach, stick around, set out, agitate, flap, rag, crush, arrest, stick to, develop, outwit, throw, bring, bewilder, nettle, irritate, mother, set, personate, stir up, lodge, quiver, buzz off, catch, present, scramble, wedge, shake up, make, beget, flummox, stand by, thump, cross, get, generate, bind, complicate, nark, find, outsmart, deposit, cling, obtain, vex, worry, pose, adhere, capture, position, aim, induce, ticktack, spoil, perplex, work over, tucker out, raise up, bother, bunk, gravel, begin, disturb, impersonate, fetch, discombobulate, circumvent, let, get under one's skin, frustrate, sit, astound, arrive, tick, produce, pulsate, convey, thwart, bond, acquire, come, bemuse, tucker, commove, pay off, bilk, astonish, ticktock, bugger off, beat out, hold fast, chafe, vanquish, shell, stay put, place, nonplus, commence, baffle
be uncertain about; think about without fully understanding or being able to decide
"We puzzled over her sudden departure"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use puzzle in a sentence?
It’s a piece of the puzzle on how to treat and manage obesity, but you can slip back into your bad habits, that’s why surgery follow up is vital to treatment success.
1. Having deciphered the code of your thinking or humanity, you can predict the future. 2. Egoism is the manipulation of human infantile selfishness, egoism leads humanity to the animal primitivism of instincts and vices in literally everything. Hypocrisy is what remains of a person, a pitiful acting parody of a person. The more a person is afraid, the more selfishness in him. 3. O sweet nectar of insight. You squeeze my heart and give healing. The sweet juice of awareness. The philosophical symbolism of paradoxes gives knowledge about life, the surrealism puzzle of reality, deciphering which gives the nectar of insight. 4. Geo-mentality of egoism, local mentality that crumbles into smaller areas of mentality, hypocritical adherents, turns everything into crumbs of pettiness. 5. Loneliness is a narcissistic sociopathy of infantility in which you feel a complete mental disconnection from the genitals, a complete sense of humility that deprives you of any kind of fear. 6. Philosophy is the prelude to death. 7. Loneliness as autism of insensibility, like a ghost in the middle of eternity, in the middle of the reality of nothingness. 8. Heart in the box of the past, soul out of time, mind in the future. 9. Science, psychology, philosophy is the decoding of egoism. 10. Awareness is laughing gas. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
It's like a puzzle. There's no specific answer, but the fact that there was a connection showed she had some cognitive ability. It was her way of trying to connect with you.
Perhaps MGMT is an important missing piece of the risk prediction puzzle for these women, but further studies are necessary.
Reality is a puzzle revealing itself one portion at a time, always where the deepest shroud falls. Wanting to piece the clues together, you are only losing yourself in the maze.
Translations for puzzle
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- معضلة, بازل, لغز, أحجيةArabic
- йомаҡ, башватҡысBashkir
- záhada, hlavolam, hádankaCzech
- verwirren, Geduldspiel, [[durcheinander]] [[bringen]], Puzzle, Geduldsspiel, RätselGerman
- puzle, enigma, dejar perplejo, desconcertar, intrigar, rompecabezasSpanish
- arvoitus, pulma, askarruttaa, tehtävä, pähkinäFinnish
- énigme, casse-tête, devinette, mystère, jeu de patience, puzzleFrench
- dubh-fhacalScottish Gaelic
- rejtvény, kirakós játékHungarian
- puzzle, rompicapo, indovinello, misteroItalian
- 謎, 判じ物, パズルJapanese
- panga, whakapōkīkī, whakapōkaikahaMāori
- гатанка, загаткаMacedonian
- hersenbreker, verwarren, puzzel, raadsel, mysterie, verbijsteren, in de war brengenDutch
- łamigłówka, zagadka, rebusPolish
- desconcertar, charada, intrigar, enigma, desafio, confundirPortuguese
- ребус, затруднение, загадка, головоломка, пазлRussian
- smȅsti, загонетка, zȁgonētka, zbúnitiSerbo-Croatian
- hádanka, hlavolamSlovak
- huvudbry, pussel, gåtaSwedish
- загадка, пазл, головоломкаUkrainian
- câu đốVietnamese
Get even more translations for puzzle »
Find a translation for the puzzle synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)