pass, toss, flip(noun)
(sports) the act of throwing the ball to another member of your team
"the pass was fumbled"
an abrupt movement
"a toss of his head"
the act of flipping a coin
"toss the salad"
flip, toss, sky, pitch(verb)
throw or toss with a light motion
"flip me the beachball"; "toss me newspaper"
"chuck the ball"
convulse, thresh, thresh about, thrash, thrash about, slash, toss, jactitate(verb)
move or stir about violently
"The feverish patient thrashed around in his bed"
lightly throw to see which side comes up
"I don't know what to do--I may as well flip a coin!"
discard, fling, toss, toss out, toss away, chuck out, cast aside, dispose, throw out, cast out, throw away, cast away, put away(verb)
throw or cast away
"Put away your worries"
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Dictionary of English Synonymes
How to use toss in a sentence?
You have business statements, bank statements, very important mail that people are looking for and probably waiting for, i sat there and recorded for about 5 minutes. And he continued to just grab more mail and continued to just toss it over the fence.
If the race is a three way race, then it really is a toss-up, who of the top three will get it, if it remains a six man race [or] a five man race that means that Trump will romp all the way to the nomination, because he will dominate if the so-called establishment vote is split.
We'll take the underdog spot but — when that day comes, basically it's a toss-up on who's got the hot putter, and could be just a battle throughout the day, we're going to go tee it up and try and beat up on each other as bad as possible but have some fun.
Spring has sprung. We're free at last, people. Free at last. Thank you mother nature, we're free. Time to toss open that metaphysical window and check out that psychic landscape. See lots of possibilities budding out there. Time to hoe those rows, feed that seed. Pretty soon you get a garden.
Since then, as a rule, I keep my wallet in my cup holder and my insurance and registration in my visor. When I'm pulled over, I toss my wallet on the dashboard, roll down the window and keep my hands on the wheel, that way, I don't have to reach for anything.
Translations for toss
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- tirar, lanzamiento, tiro, desecharSpanish
- pois, heittää, heitto, sekoittaa, heittää menemään, kolikonheittoFinnish
- mélanger, fatiguer, remuer, tirer à pile ou faceFrench
- זריקה, הטיל, זרק, הטלה, העיףHebrew
- lanciare una moneta, tirare un pallonetto, testa o croce, fare testa o croce, lancio moneta, tirareItalian
- បោះ, ត្រឡប់, ការបោះ, ចោល, បោះចោលKhmer
- flippe, kast, myntkast, flipp, kasteNorwegian
- rzucenie, rzucić, rzut, rzucaćPolish
- tirar cara ou coroa, misturar, tacar, arremesso, descartar, jogar fora, arremessar, jogar, lançar, lançamentoPortuguese
- жеребьёвка, подбрасывать, бросание, бросать, перемеша́ть, переме́шивать, бросокRussian
- slunga, slänga, hiva, slantsingling, langa, kasta, hysta, singlaSwedish
Get even more translations for toss »
Find a translation for the toss synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)