Synonyms for wrench
This thesaurus page includes all potential synonyms, words with the same meaning and similar terms for the word wrench.
Wiktionary0.0 / 0 votes
a hand tool for making rotational adjustments, such as fitting nuts and bolts, or fitting pipes.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms0.0 / 0 votes
Princeton's WordNet0.0 / 0 votes
wrench, twist, pullnoun
a sharp strain on muscles or ligaments
"the wrench to his knee occurred as he fell"; "he was sidelined with a hamstring pull"
turn, turn of events, spanner, drag, construction, device, gimmick, spin, twist, bend, clout, twisting, winding, wind, eddy, whirl, pulling, twirl, pull, braid, puff, tress, kink, crook, plait
a jerky pulling movement
a hand tool that is used to hold or twist a nut or bolt
twist or pull violently or suddenly, especially so as to remove (something) from that to which it is attached or from where it originates
"wrench a window off its hinges"; "wrench oneself free from somebody's grip"; "a deep sigh was wrenched from his chest"
make a sudden twisting motion
twist and compress, as if in pain or anguish
"Wring one's hand"
twist, sprain, wrench, turn, wrick, rickverb
twist suddenly so as to sprain
"wrench one's ankle"; "The wrestler twisted his shoulder"; "the hikers sprained their ankles when they fell"; "I turned my ankle and couldn't walk for several days"
bend, wriggle, wrick, wind, deform, change state, twist, release, rick, wring, call on, worm, flex, convolute, writhe, move around, become, grow, turn, sour, sophisticate, work, sprain, curve, twist around, change by reversal, twine, distort, wrestle, turn over, reverse, plow, ferment, squirm, pervert, plough
Dictionary of English Synonymes0.0 / 0 votes
Words popularity by usage frequency
A few weeks ago the market was ready for it, and then the China volatility threw a wrench in that. They are trying to get the market back to pricing in an increase so that it's not a kick in the gut.
Cancer can throw a wrench in that to a substantial degree, what makes it challenging for adolescent and young adult patients that's different from younger patients and older patients is that there are some really unique things that face this group.
The more conservative voices in the House essentially threw a wrench into Boehner's efforts to get DHS funding going, and I think maybe this serves as a litmus test for what they can do in the fall.
Time for the weather report. It's cold out folks. Bonecrushing cold. The kind of cold which will wrench the spirit out of a young man, or forge it into steel.
Will: He used to just put a belt, a stick, and a wrench on the kitchen table and say, “Choose.” Sean: Well, I gotta go with the belt there. Will: I used to go with the wrench. Sean: Why? Will: Cause fuck him, that’s why.
Translations for wrench
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- مفتاح الربطArabic
- Drehbewegung, drehen, verrenken, Schraubenschlüssel, SchlüsselGerman
- γαλλικο ΚΛΕΙΔΙGreek
- ŝraŭbŝlosilo, tordoEsperanto
- llave, llave de tuerca, llave inglesa, tirónSpanish
- nyrjäyttää, huijaus, kiintoavain, keino, vääntö, temppu, nyrjähdys, petos, vinssi, petkutus, vintturiFinnish
- clé de serrage, clef à écrous, clef, arracher, clé, serre-écrouFrench
- sníomh, freangIrish
- snìomhScottish Gaelic
- csavarkulcs, villáskulcs, rántás, franciakulcs, ránt, rándít, rángat, kificamít, rándítás, ficamításHungarian
- kungris, kunci inggrisIndonesian
- slogare, slogatura, strappo, chiave, torcere, spinta, storcere, chiave piatta, dolore, storta, chiave inglese, serradadi, strazio, strattoneItalian
- מפתח ברגיםHebrew
- スパナ, レンチJapanese
- извиткување, исчашување, одвртувач, клучMacedonian
- moersleutel, verdriet, schroefsleutel, verstuiken, omslaan, afbreken, los/vastdraaien, loswringen, sleutel, Engelse sleutel, ruk, verzwikken, moeilijk afscheidDutch
- chave inglesaPortuguese
- răsucire, [[cheie]] [[fixă]]Romanian
- вывёртывать, разводной ключ, дёргать, вывихнуть, ключ, вырывать, выкручивать, тянуть, гаечный ключRussian
- förvridning, ryck, skiftnyckel, bändning, vridningSwedish
Get even more translations for wrench »
Find a translation for the wrench synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"wrench." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 23 Sep. 2023. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/wrench>.