wrench, twist, pull(noun)
a sharp strain on muscles or ligaments
"the wrench to his knee occurred as he fell"; "he was sidelined with a hamstring pull"
turn, turn of events, spanner, drag, construction, device, gimmick, spin, twist, bend, clout, twisting, winding, wind, eddy, whirl, pulling, twirl, pull, braid, puff, tress, kink, crook, plait
a jerky pulling movement
a hand tool that is used to hold or twist a nut or bolt
twist or pull violently or suddenly, especially so as to remove (something) from that to which it is attached or from where it originates
"wrench a window off its hinges"; "wrench oneself free from somebody's grip"; "a deep sigh was wrenched from his chest"
make a sudden twisting motion
twist and compress, as if in pain or anguish
"Wring one's hand"
twist, sprain, wrench, turn, wrick, rick(verb)
twist suddenly so as to sprain
"wrench one's ankle"; "The wrestler twisted his shoulder"; "the hikers sprained their ankles when they fell"; "I turned my ankle and couldn't walk for several days"
bend, wriggle, wrick, wind, deform, change state, twist, release, rick, wring, call on, worm, flex, convolute, writhe, move around, become, grow, turn, sour, sophisticate, work, sprain, curve, twist around, change by reversal, twine, distort, wrestle, turn over, reverse, plow, ferment, squirm, pervert, plough
a hand tool for making rotational adjustments, such as fitting nuts and bolts, or fitting pipes.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use wrench in a sentence?
Will: He used to just put a belt, a stick, and a wrench on the kitchen table and say, “Choose.” Sean: Well, I gotta go with the belt there. Will: I used to go with the wrench. Sean: Why? Will: Cause fuck him, that’s why.
This is going to throw a wrench into the argument that the economy is slowing down, companies don't hire if the economy is slowing down. Companies go the other way.
I believe we are still so innocent. The species are still so innocent that a person who is apt to be murdered believes that the murderer, just before he puts the final wrench on his throat, will have enough compassion to give him one sweet cup of water.
The use of social media is a wrench in their toolbox. It’s not that you use that same wrench for everything you do, but it’s a wrench, it’s a different-sized tool, and you have use that selectively.
Cancer can throw a wrench in that to a substantial degree, what makes it challenging for adolescent and young adult patients that's different from younger patients and older patients is that there are some really unique things that face this group.
Translations for wrench
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- مفتاح الربطArabic
- Drehbewegung, drehen, verrenken, Schraubenschlüssel, SchlüsselGerman
- ŝraŭbŝlosilo, tordoEsperanto
- llave, llave de tuerca, llave inglesa, tirónSpanish
- nyrjäyttää, huijaus, kiintoavain, keino, vääntö, temppu, nyrjähdys, petos, vinssi, petkutus, vintturiFinnish
- clé de serrage, clef à écrous, clef, arracher, clé, serre-écrouFrench
- sníomh, freangIrish
- snìomhScottish Gaelic
- csavarkulcs, villáskulcs, rántás, franciakulcs, ránt, rándít, rángat, kificamít, rándítás, ficamításHungarian
- kungris, kunci inggrisIndonesian
- slogare, slogatura, strappo, chiave, torcere, spinta, storcere, chiave piatta, dolore, storta, chiave inglese, serradadi, strazio, strattoneItalian
- スパナ, レンチJapanese
- извиткување, исчашување, одвртувач, клучMacedonian
- moersleutel, verdriet, schroefsleutel, verstuiken, omslaan, afbreken, los/vastdraaien, loswringen, sleutel, Engelse sleutel, ruk, verzwikken, moeilijk afscheidDutch
- chave inglesaPortuguese
- răsucire, [[cheie]] [[fixă]]Romanian
- вывёртывать, разводной ключ, дёргать, вывихнуть, ключ, вырывать, выкручивать, тянуть, гаечный ключRussian
- förvridning, ryck, skiftnyckel, bändning, vridningSwedish
Get even more translations for wrench »
Find a translation for the wrench synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)