delighting the senses or exciting intellectual or emotional admiration
"a beautiful child"; "beautiful country"; "a beautiful painting"; "a beautiful theory"; "a beautiful party"
(of weather) highly enjoyable
"what a beautiful day"
Attractive and possessing charm.
It's beautiful outside, let's go for a walk.
The skater performed a beautiful axel.
(as a pro-sentence) How beautiful that is!
Beautiful! What a catch! (referring to an athlete catching a ball)
(as a pro-sentence; ironic) How unfortunate that is!
Beautiful! I dropped the soup on the floor!
English Synonyms and Antonyms
The definition of beauty, "perfection of form," is a good key to the meaning of beautiful, if we understand "form" in its widest sense. There must also be harmony and unity, and in human beings spiritual loveliness, to constitute an object or a person really beautiful. Thus, we speak of a beautiful landscape, a beautiful poem. But beautiful implies also, in concrete objects, softness of outline and delicacy of mold; it is opposed to all that is hard and rugged, hence we say a beautiful woman, but not a beautiful man. Beautiful has the further limit of not transcending our powers of appreciation. Pretty expresses in a far less degree that which is pleasing to a refined taste in objects comparatively small, slight, and dainty; as, a pretty bonnet; a pretty girl. That is handsome which is not only superficially pleasing, but well and harmoniously proportioned, with usually the added idea that it is made so by art, breeding, or training; as, a handsome horse; a handsome house. Handsome is a term far inferior to beautiful; we may even say a handsome villain. Fair denotes what is bright, smooth, clear, and without blemish; as, a fair face. The word applies wholly to what is superficial; we can say "fair, yet false." In a specific sense, fair has the sense of blond, as opposed to dark or brunette. One who possesses vivacity, wit, good nature, or other pleasing qualities may be attractive without beauty. Comely denotes an aspect that is smooth, genial, and wholesome, with a certain fulness of contour and pleasing symmetry, tho falling short of the beautiful; as, a comely matron. That is picturesque which would make a striking picture.
Beautiful to the eye; beautiful in appearance, in spirit; "beautiful for situation," Ps. xlviii, 2; beautiful of aspect, of its kind.
asmantastic means ever green ,self concerned , beautiful & charming in her/his own way.
billie eilish is the most beautiful gal in the world
"billie eilish is beautiful, damn"
waew! thats so jungkook
the godess of beauty.
kalista is an eternal spirit of retribution, who possesses a cold-burning hatred for all betrayers, deceivers, and traitors.Submitted by rinat on October 9, 2015
wendy is from red velvet. she sing so well and is so kind and down to earth.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
List of paraphrases for "beautiful":
belle, magnificent, gorgeous, wonderful, nice, lovely, handsome, pretty, beauty, fine, good-looking, beautifui, beau, splendid, bella, mei-li, superb, magnifique, hermosa, great, cute, marvelous, beaux, good, leggy, jamil, gemayel, amazing, ravishing, marvellous, al-jamil, al-jumayil, fantastic, glorious, terrific, sublime, fine-looking, fabulous, gamil, awesome, fine-sounding, sweet, good-iooking, stunning, jamila, attractive, exquisite, nice-looking
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use beautiful in a sentence?
No lake is beautiful without the sky, without the mist or without the trees and the autumn leaves! No beauty is beautiful in itself!
What a beautiful testimony to their profession.
Beautiful words make beautiful face, beautiful manners make beautiful life.
It was something really beautiful. People were stopping on the road to watch them... We have never seen anything like it before.
So long as the law considers all these human beings, with beating hearts and living affections, only as so many things belonging to the master -- so long as the failure, or misfortune, or imprudence, or death of the kindest owner, may cause them any day to exchange a life of kind protection and indulgence for one of hopeless misery and toil -- so long it is impossible to make anything beautiful or desirable in the best-regulated administration of slavery.
Translations for beautiful
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- جَمِيل, جميلةArabic
- qəşəng, гәшәнҝAzerbaijani
- выда́тны, прыго́жыBelarusian
- прекра́сен, хубав, краси́вBulgarian
- kaer, bravBreton
- formós, bonica, bell, bella, formósa, bonicCatalan, Valencian
- krásný, pěknýCzech
- красьнъOld Church Slavonic, Church Slavonic, Old Bulgarian
- hardd, prydferthWelsh
- smuk, smukkeDanish
- schön, toll, heiter, schGerman
- ωραίος, όμορφοςGreek
- hermosa, bello, guapo, alegre, guapa, bravo, bonita, bueno, linda, despejado, bonito, hermosoSpanish
- kaunis, ilusEstonian
- قشنگ, زیبا, خوشگلPersian
- kaunis, loistavaFinnish
- vakur, penur, fagurFaroese
- beau, belleFrench
- moai, kreasWestern Frisian
- spéiriúil, álainnIrish
- bòidheach, grinn, sgèimheach, àlainn, brèagha, fèilleil, maiseach, rìomhachScottish Gaelic
- יָפֶה, יָפָה, נאהHebrew
- सुन्दर, ख़ूबसूरत, सुंदरHindi
- szép, gyönyörűHungarian
- սիրուն, հաճելի, գեղեցիկArmenian
- indah, ayu, molek, cantik, cakepIndonesian
- fallegur, fagurIcelandic
- bello, bellaItalian
- 美しい, 綺麗, 素敵Japanese
- ლამაზი, მშვენიერიGeorgian
- әдемі, әсемKazakh
- ស្អាត, ល្អKhmer
- 아름답다, 아름다운Korean
- ئێسک سووک, خۆش, جوان, فێنکKurdish
- укмуштай, көйүткөн, кооз, чырай жүздүү, сулуу, ажайып, көркөм, сонун, чырайлууKyrgyz
- pulcher, bellus, formosus, decorusLatin
- sjoenLimburgish, Limburgan, Limburger
- daiļš, glīts, skaistsLatvian
- убав, прекрасен, убавоMacedonian
- indah, cantik, molekMalay
- လှသော, လှပBurmese
- schoon, mooiDutch
- nizhóní, nizhóní yeeʼNavajo, Navaho
- bèla, bèu, bèlOccitan
- ਸੁਹਣੀ, ਸੁਹਣਾPanjabi, Punjabi
- bela, lindo, linda, bonito, bonita, limpo, beloPortuguese
- bel, bella, biala, biRomansh
- frumos, frumoasăRomanian
- краси́вый, прекра́сный, ле́пый, приго́жий, красивыйRussian
- सुरूप, सुन्दरSanskrit
- bedhu, bedha, bellu, bellaSardinian
- lijep, леп, lep, лијепSerbo-Croatian
- සුන්දර, ලස්සනSinhala, Sinhalese
- pekný, krásnySlovak
- vacker, fint, fin, vackertSwedish
- அழகிய, அழகானTamil
- అందమైన, ఆహ్లాదకరమైన, అందమైనTelugu
- зебо, хушрӯTajik
- สุนทร, สวย, งามThai
- gözel, gelşikli, görmegeýTurkmen
- гүзәл, матурTatar
- краси́вий, вродли́вий, га́рний, гарнийUkrainian
- خوبصورت, سندرUrdu
- yoqimli, goʻzalUzbek
- tốt đẹp, đẹp, đẹp đẽ, tốt, xinh đẹpVietnamese
- jönik, lejönikVolapük
- bele, beaWalloon
Get even more translations for beautiful »
Find a translation for the beautiful synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)