darnel, tare, bearded darnel, cheat, Lolium temulentum(noun)
weedy annual grass often occurs in grainfields and other cultivated land; seeds sometimes considered poisonous
chess, cheat, Bromus secalinus(noun)
weedy annual native to Europe but widely distributed as a weed especially in wheat
deceiver, cheat, cheater, trickster, beguiler, slicker(noun)
someone who leads you to believe something that is not true
swindle, cheat, rig(noun)
the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme
"that book is a fraud"
darnel, deceiver, trucking rig, outfit, turnout, chess, slicker, swindle, semi, fishing tackle, getup, beguiler, trickster, carriage, fishing gear, trailer truck, articulated lorry, tackle, tare, fishing rig, cheater, rig, bearded darnel, tractor trailer, equipage, rigging, cheating
a deception for profit to yourself
cheat, rip off, chisel(verb)
deprive somebody of something by deceit
"The con-man beat me out of $50"; "This salesman ripped us off!"; "we were cheated by their clever-sounding scheme"; "They chiseled me out of my money"
cheat, chouse, shaft, screw, chicane, jockey(verb)
defeat someone through trickery or deceit
have a go at it, betray, have intercourse, chisel, have sex, bed, chicane, screw, make love, know, get laid, have it away, bonk, be intimate, love, cavil, drive in, wander, chouse, rip off, do it, eff, lie with, jockey, make out, sleep together, jazz, sleep with, hump, have it off, cuckold, get it on, shaft, bang, cheat on, carp, roll in the hay
engage in deceitful behavior; practice trickery or fraud
"Who's chiseling on the side?"
cheat on, cheat, cuckold, betray, wander(verb)
be sexually unfaithful to one's partner in marriage
"She cheats on her husband"; "Might her husband be wandering?"
roll, betray, vagabond, shaft, stag, wind, meander, ramble, thread, chicane, screw, deceive, range, fail, stray, sell, bewray, chouse, snitch, lead astray, roam, shit, give away, grass, wander, rip off, shop, chisel, cast, divagate, weave, digress, jockey, swan, tramp, rove, denounce, cuckold, drift, tell on, cheat on, rat
To violate rules in order to gain advantage from a situation.
My brother flunked biology because he cheated on his mid-term.
To be unfaithful to one's spouse or partner.
My husband cheated on me with his secretary.
To manage to avoid something even though it seemed unlikely.
To deceive; to fool; to trick.
break the rules
English Synonyms and Antonyms
A contrivance or device may be either good or bad. A cheat is a mean advantage in a bargain; a fraud, any form of covert robbery or injury. Imposture is a deceitful contrivance for securing charity, credit, or consideration. A stratagem or maneuver may be of the good against the bad, as it were a skilful movement of war. A wile is usually but not necessarily evil.
E'en children followed with endearing wile.
GoldsmithDeserted Village, l. 184.
A trick is often low, injurious, and malicious; we say a mean trick; the word is sometimes used playfully with less than its full meaning. A ruse or a blind may be quite innocent and harmless. An artifice is a carefully and delicately prepared contrivance for doing indirectly what one could not well do directly. A device is something studied out for promoting an end, as in a mechanism; the word is used of indirect action, often, but not necessarily directed to an evil, selfish, or injurious end. Finesse is especially subtle contrivance, delicate artifice, whether for good or evil. Compare FRAUD.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
beguile second meaning is cheatingSubmitted by rinat on September 10, 2019
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
fraud, trick, hoax, finesse, imposition, imposture, swindle, humbug, bubble, wile, deception, stratagem, bunko, blind, thimblerigging, impostor, deceiver, quack, mountebank, thimblerigger, charlatan, empiric, trickster, swindler, blackleg, bamboozler, sharper, delusion, chicanery, mockery, counterfeit, fetch
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use cheat in a sentence?
In order to preserve your self-respect, it is sometimes necessary to lie and cheat.
If you think for a second I would be doing that with someone that is a cheat, then people don't know me, what is the definition of a drug cheat ? Someone who has failed a test ? By that definition, they have got drug cheats on the Australian team.
In our state, we have a law that makes it easy to vote but hard to cheat, it’s another example of how Hillary Clinton is squarely out of touch with mainstream America.
We create an environment where it is alright to hate, to steal, to cheat, and to lie if we dress it up with symbols of respectability, dignity and love.
As for me, I'll do what I do best. I'll lie, cheat, steal, and survive!
Translations for cheat
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- изигравам, измамник, измама, измамвамBulgarian
- trampejar, enganyar, trampós, truc, mentirCatalan, Valencian
- svindle, bedrage, undgå, snyde, være utroDanish
- Cheat, schummeln, betrügen, fremdgehen, schwindeln, überlisten, die Ehe brechen, austricksenGerman
- mentiroso, engañar, tramposo, truco, hacer trampaSpanish
- fusku, huijaus, välttää, huijata, huijari, pettääFinnish
- svíkja, svika, snýtaFaroese
- tricheur, tricheuse, menteur, tricher, tromperFrench
- feall, imir, déan séitéireacht, séitéir, déan cneámhaireacht ar, déan caimiléireacht ar, cúigleáilIrish
- רימה, צ'יט, בגדHebrew
- csalás, csal, csaló, szélhámos, megcsalHungarian
- svindl, svindla, halda framhjáIcelandic
- チート, まやかす, 偽る, 不倫, 騙すJapanese
- fuddelenLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- мами, измамник, илеџија, и́леџи, шифра, ма́миMacedonian
- vals spelen, bedriegen, vreemdgaanDutch
- være utro, bedra, snyte, lure, jukse, fuske, unngå, juksepaveNorwegian
- zdrajca, cheat, czit, zdradzać, oszustka, zdrajczyni, oszukiwać, kod, oszustPolish
- سینهPashto, Pushto
- trapaceiro, trapaça, roubar, trair, macete, trapacear, enganarPortuguese
- чит, мухлева́ть, обману́ть, обду́ривать, надува́ть, обма́нывать, изменя́ть, обма́нщица, ве́рю-не-ве́рю, моше́нничать, смоше́нничать, смухлева́ть, изменить, обдури́ть, гуля́ть, наду́ть, обма́нщик, моше́нник, моше́нницаRussian
- fiffla, bedraga, vänsterprassla, skojare, vänsla, fusk, fuska, svindla, vara otrogen, bedra, lura, fuskare, vänstra, bluffstopp, undgåSwedish
- aldatmak, dolandırmak, kopya çekmekTurkish
- frawtineu, tructer, tructeu, tructeuse, frawtineuseWalloon
Get even more translations for cheat »
Find a translation for the cheat synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)