dawn, dawning, morning, aurora, first light, daybreak, break of day, break of the day, dayspring, sunrise, sunup, cockcrow(noun)
the first light of day
"we got up before dawn"; "they talked until morning"
the earliest period
"the dawn of civilization"; "the morning of the world"
an opening time period
"it was the dawn of the Roman Empire"
click, get through, dawn, come home, get across, sink in, penetrate, fall into place(verb)
become clear or enter one's consciousness or emotions
"It dawned on him that she had betrayed him"; "she was penetrated with sorrow"
pass over, put over, get over, flick, wrap up, come through, percolate, contact, pervade, cut across, infiltrate, bottom, snap, finish up, tick, reach, interpenetrate, permeate, get hold of, finish off, polish off, penetrate, cut through, mop up, fall into place, cluck, filter, come home, while away, perforate, traverse, click, diffuse, sink in, clear up, cover, cross, riddle, get across, fathom, chatter, imbue, get through, track, clack
appear or develop
"The age of computers had dawned"
"It started to dawn, and we had to get up"
To begin to brighten with daylight.
Before a new day dawns.
To start to appear or be realized.
I don’t want to be there when the truth dawns.
The time when the sun rises.
She rose before dawn to meet the train.
The dawn of civilisation.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Drug Abuse Warning Network
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use dawn in a sentence?
1. Seeing you finally smile at the emptiness, indelible smile on your face. And your terrible laugh in response to any blows and fear that fate grants. She feels powerless over you. You feel the complete absence of fear - this is the acceptance of reality in its true form. 2. The people who created and develop this world: in debt. Sins are debts after death. Sins as a loan taken from a bank of hell. 3. Truth plunges into loneliness. 4. Fate lowered the gun fuse - this is the best lie detector in the world. Take a look at your body, you are only one millimeter away from eternity, her finger on the trigger. Because of problems, your whole life will pass in one second; you will be separated from immortality by only one second. The closer you are to death, the closer you are to the truth that everything in the human world is meaningless because it is temporary. 5. A halo of knowledge within life, this is a record of projection, a person who feels reality can feel the universe: the past, present and future, and that which is timeless. 6. On the tombstone of a woman who died alone, because she always rejected, repelled, did not forgive, and broke the hearts of all the guys and men who had once offered themselves to her. Her last words were written on her stone: I have been waiting for the perfect man all my life. 7. Some harden life, while others only spoil. 8. Reality is decomposing and all the ridiculous horrors of reality are visible, since you are in the violent chronosphere, where the quantum genetic transformations of the instincts of despair are in, in the projection of an alternative reality of the ego of power in which everything is programmed for decomposition. 9. The knowledge of world religions is only four keys to a higher form of awareness, they will open the gates to higher worlds; you just need to choose one of these keys in order to evolve. 10. Philosophical poetry Noir jazz saxophone of loneliness in poetic comics of memories, with light eroticism of romance. All filled with philosophical silence and self-talk. An almost finished cigarette, it goes like a thought to the logical conclusion of philosophical poetry, where you are looking for a way out of the prison of reality. You play poker with the fate of someone luck, and someone pass. It rains from sinful tears; it does not make the city more conscientious, but a little cleaner. The city is in a fog of thought, the red lightnings of anger sparkle, in the black clouds of depression and then the cold snow of indifference illuminated by the lifeless light of the curiosity of the gods. Soon a new dawn of thoughts, the black and white reality of pessimism, where in the bright colors of the expressive contrasts of the oppositions, there is only a faint light of conscience and animal instincts of darkness. Throughout the deep darkness suggests that the other world is very close and the door there is always open. Everywhere the harsh gray color of thought, periodically sound melodies of the void of truth. Everything is gray here and only red blood is the color of eternal guilt. Everything can become colored only from self-hypnosis in the bright colors of the illusions of optimism. Reason plunges into the darkness of Gothic despair and only a beloved woman can get out of there. The heart accumulates scars, but it does not stop, it continues to live for the sake of loved ones, for the sake of curiosity. In this cold void of the illusions of materialism, only true love will warm the soul, but not lust, because after an orgasm you feel sad notes of loneliness, filled on the piano of sadness. Lust is the girlfriend of egoism, which is the six of self-deception. Vivid memories are a consolation prize of eternity, unlike life they are eternal - these are prosaic scenes of cinema of karma. Scenes of comedians about heroes and villains, where you were exposed as an antihero, and your tormentors were victims. Here you feel literally every frame of sadism of fate. 11. From cruel blows of reality, a person does not become prettier. 12. From disappointment, the soul cannot stop laughing with a frightening rampant laugh, between fear and rampant angry laughter. The smiling, insanely laughing psyche growls and tears to pieces from the high-voltage psychic tension that gives birth to truth, from a smile the philosophy of the psyche breaks into two parts of the duality of the world. A huge smile is visible in the broken mirror of the psyche, and only sometimes the image of a person is reflected in them as a reflection of conscience. Author: Musin Almat Zhumabekovich
To Malia and Sasha and their friends, discrimination in any form against anyone doesn't make sense. It doesn't dawn on them that friends who are gay or friends' parents who are same-sex couple should be treated any differently. That's powerful.
I was there at the dawn of the third age of mankind.
For what human ill does dawn not seem to be alternative?
Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work You don't give up.
Translations for dawn
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- فجر, الفجرArabic
- разсъмване, съмва се, появявам се, зазорява се, зори, зора, изгрявамBulgarian
- néixer, albada, aurora, albors, clarejar, albaCatalan, Valencian
- zora, úsvit, východ, svítáníCzech
- gwawrio, sylweddoli, gwawrWelsh
- daggry, solopgangDanish
- Dämmerung, Morgendämmerung, Tagesanbruch, MorgengrauenGerman
- χαράζω, αυγή, ανατολή, ξημερώνωGreek
- amanecer, aurora, alba, madrugadaSpanish
- سپیده دمPersian
- aamunkoitto, aamuhämärä, valjeta, auringonnousu, paljastua, sarastaaFinnish
- aube, se lever, aurore, lever du soleil, naîtreFrench
- briseadh-latha, èirigh na grèine, beul an latha, mochthrathScottish Gaelic
- भौर, उषा, प्रभात, भोरHindi
- hajnal, virradat, virrad, dereng, pirkadat, hajnalodikHungarian
- այգ, լուսաբաց, այգաբաց, արշալույսArmenian
- birta af degi, dögun, sólris, afturelding, dagrenning, sólarupprás, morgunsár, daga, sólaruppkomaIcelandic
- schiudersi, albori, aurora, alba, spuntareItalian
- 夜明け, 曙, あかつきJapanese
- განთიადი, გარიჟრაჟი, აისიGeorgian
- 새벽, 해돋이, 밝혀지다, 밝다Korean
- شهبهق, بهرهبهیان, دهرکهوتن, شهبهقدانKurdish
- initium, dilucesco, aurora, luciscere, lucescoLatin
- изгрев, се разденува, зора, се разјаснува, мугра, зазорува, изгрејсонцеMacedonian
- tbexbix, żerniqMaltese
- dageraad, zonsopgang, rijzen, dagen, opgang, ochtendschemeringDutch
- soloppgang, daggryNorwegian
- hayííłką́Navajo, Navaho
- ӕхси́дOssetian, Ossetic
- świtać, brzask, zaranie, świtPolish
- aurora, alvorada, aparecer, alvorecer, nascer, amanhecer, começoPortuguese
- paqariy, paqar, achikyayQuechua
- auroră, răsărit, alba, zori, zori de ziRomanian
- восход солнца, осенять, рассвет, рассветать, заря, восход, озарять, наступатьRussian
- òsvit, zora, svanúće, zasvanuti, sinuće, nastupiti, svȉtānje, svanuti, rasvet, зора, usvanuti, rasvetliti, prȁskozōrje, razdan, svitak, праскозорје, osanjiti, sinutiSerbo-Croatian
- zora, razkriti, danitiSlovene
- gryning, soluppgång, dagas, gå upp för, grySwedish
- şafak, Şafak vaktiTurkish
- зоря, світанокUkrainian
- rạng đông, buổi sớm tinh mơ, bình minhVietnamese
- פֿאַרטאָג, פאַרטאָגYiddish
Get even more translations for dawn »
Find a translation for the dawn synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)