To begin to brighten with daylight.
Before a new day dawns.
To start to appear or be realized.
I don’t want to be there when the truth dawns.
The time when the sun rises.
She rose before dawn to meet the train.
The dawn of civilisation.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
dawn, dawning, morning, aurora, first light, daybreak, break of day, break of the day, dayspring, sunrise, sunup, cockcrownoun
the first light of day
"we got up before dawn"; "they talked until morning"
the earliest period
"the dawn of civilization"; "the morning of the world"
an opening time period
"it was the dawn of the Roman Empire"
click, get through, dawn, come home, get across, sink in, penetrate, fall into placeverb
become clear or enter one's consciousness or emotions
"It dawned on him that she had betrayed him"; "she was penetrated with sorrow"
pass over, put over, get over, flick, wrap up, come through, percolate, contact, pervade, cut across, infiltrate, bottom, snap, finish up, tick, reach, interpenetrate, permeate, get hold of, finish off, polish off, penetrate, cut through, mop up, fall into place, cluck, filter, come home, while away, perforate, traverse, click, diffuse, sink in, clear up, cover, cross, riddle, get across, fathom, chatter, imbue, get through, track, clack
appear or develop
"The age of computers had dawned"
"It started to dawn, and we had to get up"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Drug Abuse Warning Network
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use dawn in a sentence?
This offensive legislation pretends skin color has never mattered in our country. As far too many Americans know, race-based oppression, discrimination and inequality has been a fact of life since before the dawn of our nation, our children deserve to learn the full story and truth of our people — the victories and the struggles. Unfortunately, the controlling party is attempting to erase historical fact in favor [of] whitewashed falsehoods.
I saw( Vance's statement) and I think that it's frightening to think about a new dawn in the criminal justice system that doesn't have changes.
At dawn today, at least 45 buses carrying about 3,000 people from Al-Fu'ah and Kafraya villages, in the northern and eastern suburbs of Idlib, left the two towns in the direction of the city of Aleppo, which is under the control of the [Syrian] regime, among the evacuees are about 700 pro-Syrian regime fighters.
In light of the events and developments that have happened since dawn, he has decided to attend the summit and participate in person.
I asked the president tweeted on Friday after I got fired that I better hope theres not tapes. I woke up in the middle of the night on Monday night because it didnt dawn on me originally, that there might be corroboration for our conversation, there might a tape.
Translations for dawn
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- فجر, الفجرArabic
- разсъмване, съмва се, появявам се, зазорява се, зори, зора, изгрявамBulgarian
- néixer, albada, aurora, albors, clarejar, albaCatalan, Valencian
- zora, úsvit, východ, svítáníCzech
- gwawrio, sylweddoli, gwawrWelsh
- daggry, solopgangDanish
- Dämmerung, Morgendämmerung, Tagesanbruch, MorgengrauenGerman
- χαράζω, αυγή, ανατολή, ξημερώνωGreek
- amanecer, aurora, alba, madrugadaSpanish
- سپیده دمPersian
- aamunkoitto, aamuhämärä, valjeta, auringonnousu, paljastua, sarastaaFinnish
- aube, se lever, aurore, lever du soleil, naîtreFrench
- breacadh an laeIrish
- briseadh-latha, èirigh na grèine, beul an latha, mochthrathScottish Gaelic
- भौर, उषा, प्रभात, भोरHindi
- hajnal, virradat, virrad, dereng, pirkadat, hajnalodikHungarian
- այգ, լուսաբաց, այգաբաց, արշալույսArmenian
- birta af degi, dögun, sólris, afturelding, dagrenning, sólarupprás, morgunsár, daga, sólaruppkomaIcelandic
- schiudersi, albori, aurora, alba, spuntareItalian
- 夜明け, 曙, あかつきJapanese
- განთიადი, გარიჟრაჟი, აისიGeorgian
- 새벽, 해돋이, 밝혀지다, 밝다Korean
- شهبهق, بهرهبهیان, دهرکهوتن, شهبهقدانKurdish
- initium, dilucesco, aurora, luciscere, lucescoLatin
- изгрев, се разденува, зора, се разјаснува, мугра, зазорува, изгрејсонцеMacedonian
- tbexbix, żerniqMaltese
- dageraad, zonsopgang, rijzen, dagen, opgang, ochtendschemeringDutch
- soloppgang, daggryNorwegian
- hayííłką́Navajo, Navaho
- ӕхси́дOssetian, Ossetic
- świtać, brzask, zaranie, świtPolish
- aurora, alvorada, aparecer, alvorecer, nascer, amanhecer, começoPortuguese
- paqariy, paqar, achikyayQuechua
- auroră, răsărit, alba, zori, zori de ziRomanian
- восход солнца, осенять, рассвет, рассветать, заря, восход, озарять, наступатьRussian
- òsvit, zora, svanúće, zasvanuti, sinuće, nastupiti, svȉtānje, svanuti, rasvet, зора, usvanuti, rasvetliti, prȁskozōrje, razdan, svitak, праскозорје, osanjiti, sinutiSerbo-Croatian
- zora, razkriti, danitiSlovene
- gryning, soluppgång, dagas, gå upp för, grySwedish
- şafak, Şafak vaktiTurkish
- зоря, світанокUkrainian
- rạng đông, buổi sớm tinh mơ, bình minhVietnamese
- פֿאַרטאָג, פאַרטאָגYiddish
Get even more translations for dawn »
Find a translation for the dawn synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)