guarantee, warrant, warrantee, warranty(noun)
a written assurance that some product or service will be provided or will meet certain specifications
an unconditional commitment that something will happen or that something is true
"there is no guarantee that they are not lying"
a collateral agreement to answer for the debt of another in case that person defaults
give surety or assume responsibility
"I vouch for the quality of my products"
guarantee, ensure, insure, assure, secure(verb)
make certain of
"This nest egg will ensure a nice retirement for us"; "Preparation will guarantee success!"
ensure, reassure, ascertain, batten, control, plug, stop up, warrant, batten down, assure, underwrite, fix, cover, promise, fasten, check, see to it, undertake, procure, insure, tell, vouch, secure, see
promise to do or accomplish
"guarantee to free the prisoners"
stand behind and guarantee the quality, accuracy, or condition of
"The dealer warrants all the cars he sells"; "I warrant this information"
To assure that something will get done right.
Can you give me a guarantee that he will be fit for the match?
To assume responsibility for a debt.
The cooker comes with a 5-year guarantee.
To make something certain.
The long sunny days guarantee a good crop.
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use guarantee in a sentence?
We will create a cushion of safety far superior to what we have today to guarantee this never happens again.
Outdated infrastructure was replaced to guarantee the long term future of the property.
We know this month has been really critical. It's been the month with the lowest supply of products. That's why families are anxious, we guarantee things will improve in the next few weeks.
I am used to playing with some issues, so I just tried to be focused. It's one of these victories today I'm really proud of, nobody can guarantee anything about what can happen the next day, but of course my goal is to be ready for tomorrow.
I guarantee you Putin will ask if we can stop NATO exercises, which he likely will characterize as provocative and expensive.
Translations for guarantee
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- garantirCatalan, Valencian
- ručitel, ručit, záruka, zajistit, garance, garantovatCzech
- kautionere, garanti, garantere, sikre, garantDanish
- garantieren, Garantie, Garant, versichernGerman
- garantio, garantiiEsperanto
- garantía, garantir, garante, garantizarSpanish
- tagama, tagatisEstonian
- taata, takuu, takuunantaja, takaajaFinnish
- garant, garantir, garantieFrench
- ráthaíocht, urra, slánaíochtIrish
- urras, barrantachd, barrantaichScottish Gaelic
- garancia, biztosíték, biztosít, kezeskedik, kezes, garantálHungarian
- երաշխիք, երաշխավորելArmenian
- garantire, garante, assicurare, garanziaItalian
- garantî, temînat, temînatker, temîn, garantîker, misoger, garantorKurdish
- garantie, garanderenDutch
- garantiNorwegian Nynorsk
- garanti, garantere, garantist, kausjonereNorwegian
- fiar, garantidor, garantia, garantirPortuguese
- garant, garanție, garanta, chezașRomanian
- гарантировать, порука, гарантияRussian
- јемство, jemstvo, jamčitiSerbo-Croatian
- zagotavljati, zagotoviti, garancija, zagotoviloSlovene
- garanti, garanteraSwedish
- güvence, garanti, teminat, kefilTurkish
Get even more translations for guarantee »
Find a translation for the guarantee synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Український (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)