Synonyms for guarantee
This thesaurus page includes all potential synonyms, words with the same meaning and similar terms for the word guarantee.
Wiktionary5.0 / 1 vote
Anything that assures a certain outcome.
Can you give me a guarantee that he will be fit for the match?
To assume responsibility for a debt.
The cooker comes with a 5-year guarantee.
To make something certain.
The long sunny days guarantee a good crop.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms2.5 / 2 votes
Princeton's WordNet1.0 / 1 vote
guarantee, warrant, warrantee, warrantynoun
a written assurance that some product or service will be provided or will meet certain specifications
an unconditional commitment that something will happen or that something is true
"there is no guarantee that they are not lying"
a collateral agreement to answer for the debt of another in case that person defaults
give surety or assume responsibility
"I vouch for the quality of my products"
guarantee, ensure, insure, assure, secureverb
make certain of
"This nest egg will ensure a nice retirement for us"; "Preparation will guarantee success!"
ensure, reassure, ascertain, batten, control, plug, stop up, warrant, batten down, assure, underwrite, fix, cover, promise, fasten, check, see to it, undertake, procure, insure, tell, vouch, secure, see
promise to do or accomplish
"guarantee to free the prisoners"
stand behind and guarantee the quality, accuracy, or condition of
"The dealer warrants all the cars he sells"; "I warrant this information"
Dictionary of English Synonymes0.0 / 0 votes
List of paraphrases for "guarantee":
ensure, warranty, guaranteeing, guaranteed, ensuring, guarantees, assurance, collateral, safeguard, assure, secure, guarantor, security, garantie, εγγύηση, safeguards, secured, assurances, securing, ensured, safeguarding, gage, warranties, garantía, provide, surety
Guarantee vs. Guaranty -- In this Grammar.com article you will learn the differences between the words Guarantee and Guaranty.
Words popularity by usage frequency
Doing what's right is no guarantee against misfortune.
The CDR will now take the necessary administrative steps, including informing (Chinook) to consider the preliminary approval canceled, and that the financial guarantee, which the company offered as a guarantee they would secure the required documents, will be claimed.
The preamble to the Constitution states We, the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquillity, provide for the common defence, promote the general welfare... It doesn't say guarantee the general welfare. And it certainly doesn't say give welfare benefits to all the people in the country who aren't doing so well even if the reason they aren't doing so well is because they're sitting on their butts in front of the TV.
The Mexican state is constantly working to deal with the causes and consequences of violence in the country caused by crime, to guarantee security, to protect, promote, respect and guarantee human rights and improve access to justice.
If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster.
Translations for guarantee
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- garantirCatalan, Valencian
- ručitel, ručit, zajistit, garance, záruka, garantovatCzech
- garantere, garanti, sikre, kautionere, garantDanish
- garantieren, Garantie, versichern, GarantGerman
- garantio, garantiiEsperanto
- garantizar, garantía, garante, garantirSpanish
- tagama, tagatisEstonian
- takaaja, takuu, takuunantaja, taataFinnish
- garant, garantie, garantirFrench
- urra, slánaíocht, ráthaíochtIrish
- urras, barrantachd, barrantaichScottish Gaelic
- kezeskedik, biztosíték, garancia, kezes, biztosít, garantálHungarian
- երաշխիք, երաշխավորելArmenian
- garanzia, assicurare, garantire, garanteItalian
- temîn, garantî, misoger, garantîker, temînat, temînatker, garantorKurdish
- garantie, garanderenDutch
- garantiNorwegian Nynorsk
- garanti, garantist, kausjonere, garantereNorwegian
- garantia, fiar, garantir, garantidorPortuguese
- garant, garanție, garanta, chezașRomanian
- порука, гарантия, гарантироватьRussian
- jamčiti, jemstvo, јемствоSerbo-Croatian
- zagotavljati, garancija, zagotovilo, zagotovitiSlovene
- garanti, garanteraSwedish
- kefil, güvence, teminat, garantiTurkish
Get even more translations for guarantee »
Find a translation for the guarantee synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"guarantee." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 7 Dec. 2023. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/guarantee>.