a customary way of operation or behavior
"it is their practice to give annual raises"; "they changed their dietary pattern"
radiation diagram, form, approach pattern, formula, praxis, rule, figure, drill, practice session, shape, radiation pattern, blueprint, traffic pattern, pattern, convention, design, recitation, normal, exercise
exercise, practice, drill, practice session, recitation(noun)
systematic training by multiple repetitions
"practice makes perfect"
physical exercise, usage, use, praxis, recital, drill, practice session, utilisation, example, utilization, class period, employment, exercising, pattern, course session, reading, recitation, workout, physical exertion, exercise
translating an idea into action
"a hard theory to put into practice"; "differences between theory and praxis of communism"
the exercise of a profession
"the practice of the law"; "I took over his practice when he retired"
knowledge of how something is usually done
"it is not the local practice to wear shorts to dinner"
practice, practise, exercise, do(verb)
carry out or practice; as of jobs and professions
work out, fare, make out, use, coiffe, manage, execute, perform, arrange, answer, drill, serve, work, coif, get along, suffice, make, set, behave, dress, come, act, cause, commit, exert, practise, coiffure, apply, rehearse, do, exercise
drill, exercise, practice, practise(verb)
learn by repetition
"We drilled French verbs every day"; "Pianists practice scales"
rehearse, practise, practice(verb)
engage in a rehearsal (of)
practice, apply, use(verb)
avail oneself to
"apply a principle"; "practice a religion"; "use care when going down the stairs"; "use your common sense"; "practice non-violent resistance"
engage in or perform
"practice safe sex"; "commit a random act of kindness"
institutionalize, put, charge, dedicate, institutionalise, trust, devote, drill, invest, confide, pull, use, consecrate, give, intrust, entrust, perpetrate, rehearse, practise, commit, apply, place, do, send, exercise
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
"we were given many homework assignments"Submitted by rinat on August 20, 2019
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use practice in a sentence?
The game, I always say, is 80 percent mental, so anything we can do to reboot the mind — I call it a meditation and I teach it as a mind practice — that’s just going to make you even more impactful, more effective on your endeavors.
In the last 60 years there have been less than 50 cases of kidneys being re-transplanted. This is because the common practice is that once a kidney is transplanted, you don't re-transplant it.
Right now it’s not routine practice for people with PTSD to be screened for heart risk factors, and we hope this is something that might change.
One can't believe impossible things. I dare say you haven't had much practice, said the Queen. When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.
When I was prepping for the film, I asked Eva how Eva Ansley keeps going in the face of so much working against Eva Ansley, and she said,' If all I can do is bring a little hope to someone, that's enough. No one needs to feel alone,' i've been chewing that sentiment for a year now, and here's what I've begun to practice with that : Every interaction is a chance to bring hope.
Translations for practice
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- تدريب, يمارسArabic
- སྦྱོང སྦྱང སྦྱངས སྦྱོངསTibetan Standard
- practicar, pràcticaCatalan, Valencian
- cvičit, procvičování, cvičení, praxeCzech
- udøve, praksis, øve, træneDanish
- Üben, ausüben, Praxis, Übung, Ausübung, praktizierenGerman
- μελετáω, εξάσκηση, προπονούμαι, άσκηση, ασκώ, πράξη, [[κάνω]] [[εξάσκηση]], πρακτικήGreek
- practicar, prácticaSpanish
- تمرین, عمل, تمرین کردن, کاربردPersian
- harjoitus, käytäntö, harjoitella, harjoittelu, harjoittaaFinnish
- pratiquer, pratique, s'entrainer, entrainerFrench
- crábhadh, cleachtIrish
- cleachdadhScottish Gaelic
- gyakorol, gyakorlatHungarian
- սովորություն, պարապել, մարզվել, վարժվելArmenian
- pratica, praticare, esercitarsi, addestrareItalian
- 練習, 業務, 儀式, ならわし, 慣習Japanese
- 련습, 연습하다, 練習, 연습Korean
- praktijk, oefening, oefenen, uitoefening, beoefenDutch
- øve påNorwegian
- ćwiczenie, praktykować, praktyka, zajmować się, nawyk, ćwiczyćPolish
- treinar, praticar, práticaPortuguese
- antrenament, aplicare, practicăRomanian
- практиковаться, тренироваться, упражняться, попрактиковаться, практикаRussian
- prȁksa, vjȅžba, nȃvika, vjȅžbānje, ȍbičājSerbo-Croatian
- utöva, träning, övning, öva, vana, träna, praktisera, praktikSwedish
- luyện tậpVietnamese
Get even more translations for practice »
Find a translation for the practice synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)