a customary way of operation or behavior
"it is their practice to give annual raises"; "they changed their dietary pattern"
radiation diagram, form, approach pattern, formula, praxis, rule, figure, drill, practice session, shape, radiation pattern, blueprint, traffic pattern, pattern, convention, design, recitation, normal, exercise
exercise, practice, drill, practice session, recitation(noun)
systematic training by multiple repetitions
"practice makes perfect"
physical exercise, usage, use, praxis, recital, drill, practice session, utilisation, example, utilization, class period, employment, exercising, pattern, course session, reading, recitation, workout, physical exertion, exercise
translating an idea into action
"a hard theory to put into practice"; "differences between theory and praxis of communism"
the exercise of a profession
"the practice of the law"; "I took over his practice when he retired"
knowledge of how something is usually done
"it is not the local practice to wear shorts to dinner"
practice, practise, exercise, do(verb)
carry out or practice; as of jobs and professions
work out, fare, make out, use, coiffe, manage, execute, perform, arrange, answer, drill, serve, work, coif, get along, suffice, make, set, behave, dress, come, act, cause, commit, exert, practise, coiffure, apply, rehearse, do, exercise
drill, exercise, practice, practise(verb)
learn by repetition
"We drilled French verbs every day"; "Pianists practice scales"
rehearse, practise, practice(verb)
engage in a rehearsal (of)
practice, apply, use(verb)
avail oneself to
"apply a principle"; "practice a religion"; "use care when going down the stairs"; "use your common sense"; "practice non-violent resistance"
engage in or perform
"practice safe sex"; "commit a random act of kindness"
institutionalize, put, charge, dedicate, institutionalise, trust, devote, drill, invest, confide, pull, use, consecrate, give, intrust, entrust, perpetrate, rehearse, practise, commit, apply, place, do, send, exercise
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
"we were given many homework assignments"Submitted by rinat on August 20, 2019
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use practice in a sentence?
To be fond of learning is to be near to knowledge. To practice with vigor is to be near to magnanimity. To possess the feeling of shame is to be near to energy. He who knows these three things, knows how to cultivate his own character.
O, what a tangled web we weave, When first we practice to deceive!
What I do is basically say, 'When you love your child, you bring your child to us to care for your child. By saying you don't want to get vaccines, you are asking me to practice substandard care,'.
I support the practice of arresting people who break the law.
The FDA label has finally caught up to the evidence based practice in the United States, it has the potential of opening medical abortion care in more rural areas because it does not have to be given by a surgical abortion provider.
Translations for practice
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- تدريب, يمارسArabic
- སྦྱོང སྦྱང སྦྱངས སྦྱོངསTibetan Standard
- practicar, pràcticaCatalan, Valencian
- cvičit, procvičování, cvičení, praxeCzech
- udøve, praksis, øve, træneDanish
- Üben, ausüben, Praxis, Übung, Ausübung, praktizierenGerman
- μελετáω, εξάσκηση, προπονούμαι, άσκηση, ασκώ, πράξη, [[κάνω]] [[εξάσκηση]], πρακτικήGreek
- practicar, prácticaSpanish
- تمرین, عمل, تمرین کردن, کاربردPersian
- harjoitus, käytäntö, harjoitella, harjoittelu, harjoittaaFinnish
- pratiquer, pratique, s'entrainer, entrainerFrench
- crábhadh, cleachtIrish
- cleachdadhScottish Gaelic
- gyakorol, gyakorlatHungarian
- սովորություն, պարապել, մարզվել, վարժվելArmenian
- pratica, praticare, esercitarsi, addestrareItalian
- 練習, 業務, 儀式, ならわし, 慣習Japanese
- 련습, 연습하다, 練習, 연습Korean
- praktijk, oefening, oefenen, uitoefening, beoefenDutch
- øve påNorwegian
- ćwiczenie, praktykować, praktyka, zajmować się, nawyk, ćwiczyćPolish
- treinar, praticar, práticaPortuguese
- antrenament, aplicare, practicăRomanian
- практиковаться, тренироваться, упражняться, попрактиковаться, практикаRussian
- prȁksa, vjȅžba, nȃvika, vjȅžbānje, ȍbičājSerbo-Croatian
- utöva, träning, övning, öva, vana, träna, praktisera, praktikSwedish
- luyện tậpVietnamese
Get even more translations for practice »
Find a translation for the practice synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Український (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)