Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
a customary way of operation or behavior
"it is their practice to give annual raises"; "they changed their dietary pattern"
radiation diagram, form, approach pattern, formula, praxis, rule, figure, drill, practice session, shape, radiation pattern, blueprint, traffic pattern, pattern, convention, design, recitation, normal, exercise
exercise, practice, drill, practice session, recitationnoun
systematic training by multiple repetitions
"practice makes perfect"
physical exercise, usage, use, praxis, recital, drill, practice session, utilisation, example, utilization, class period, employment, exercising, pattern, course session, reading, recitation, workout, physical exertion, exercise
translating an idea into action
"a hard theory to put into practice"; "differences between theory and praxis of communism"
the exercise of a profession
"the practice of the law"; "I took over his practice when he retired"
knowledge of how something is usually done
"it is not the local practice to wear shorts to dinner"
practice, practise, exercise, doverb
carry out or practice; as of jobs and professions
work out, fare, make out, use, coiffe, manage, execute, perform, arrange, answer, drill, serve, work, coif, get along, suffice, make, set, behave, dress, come, act, cause, commit, exert, practise, coiffure, apply, rehearse, do, exercise
drill, exercise, practice, practiseverb
learn by repetition
"We drilled French verbs every day"; "Pianists practice scales"
rehearse, practise, practiceverb
engage in a rehearsal (of)
practice, apply, useverb
avail oneself to
"apply a principle"; "practice a religion"; "use care when going down the stairs"; "use your common sense"; "practice non-violent resistance"
engage in or perform
"practice safe sex"; "commit a random act of kindness"
institutionalize, put, charge, dedicate, institutionalise, trust, devote, drill, invest, confide, pull, use, consecrate, give, intrust, entrust, perpetrate, rehearse, practise, commit, apply, place, do, send, exercise
"we were given many homework assignments"Submitted by rinat on August 20, 2019
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use practice in a sentence?
In the current state of medical practice, we are not seeing this type of engagement offered to people with advanced illness, they are not getting the advice, assistance and support that we think is most appropriate.
Practice, the master of all things.
You know, someone poking themselves with [ a needle ], or someone reusing them, it sort of encourages the safe practice of disposing of them.
My instinct is to acknowledge incremental progress, and then get busy forcing the immediate recall and repudiation of the entire [CDC] guidelines document and all state legislation or regulation that incorporates it, we likely wont be able to avoid a rewrite effort for somekind of guideline, because doctors wont reenter pain management practice without a shield from sanctions.
This practice not only violated federal law, but it is wrong and it is unfair.
Translations for practice
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- تدريب, يمارسArabic
- སྦྱོང སྦྱང སྦྱངས སྦྱོངསTibetan Standard
- practicar, pràcticaCatalan, Valencian
- cvičit, procvičování, cvičení, praxeCzech
- udøve, praksis, øve, træneDanish
- Üben, ausüben, Praxis, Übung, Ausübung, praktizierenGerman
- μελετáω, εξάσκηση, προπονούμαι, άσκηση, ασκώ, πράξη, [[κάνω]] [[εξάσκηση]], πρακτικήGreek
- practicar, prácticaSpanish
- تمرین, عمل, تمرین کردن, کاربردPersian
- harjoitus, käytäntö, harjoitella, harjoittelu, harjoittaaFinnish
- pratiquer, pratique, s'entrainer, entrainerFrench
- crábhadh, cleachtIrish
- cleachdadhScottish Gaelic
- gyakorol, gyakorlatHungarian
- սովորություն, պարապել, մարզվել, վարժվելArmenian
- pratica, praticare, esercitarsi, addestrareItalian
- 練習, 業務, 儀式, ならわし, 慣習Japanese
- 련습, 연습하다, 練習, 연습Korean
- praktijk, oefening, oefenen, uitoefening, beoefenDutch
- øve påNorwegian
- ćwiczenie, praktykować, praktyka, zajmować się, nawyk, ćwiczyćPolish
- treinar, praticar, práticaPortuguese
- antrenament, aplicare, practicăRomanian
- практиковаться, тренироваться, упражняться, попрактиковаться, практикаRussian
- prȁksa, vjȅžba, nȃvika, vjȅžbānje, ȍbičājSerbo-Croatian
- utöva, träning, övning, öva, vana, träna, praktisera, praktikSwedish
- luyện tậpVietnamese
Get even more translations for practice »
Find a translation for the practice synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)