recover, retrieve, find, regain(verb)
get or find back; recover the use of
"She regained control of herself"; "She found her voice and replied quickly"
line up, detect, go back, find oneself, recoup, get, get hold, recollect, recuperate, find, reclaim, rule, notice, convalesce, call up, chance, determine, see, find out, come up, think, encounter, happen, feel, incur, observe, recall, witness, call back, recover, ascertain, bump, remember, regain, obtain, discover, receive
go for and bring back
"retrieve the car from the parking garage"
run after, pick up, and bring to the master
"train the dog to retrieve"
remember, retrieve, recall, call back, call up, recollect, think(verb)
recall knowledge from memory; have a recollection
"I can't remember saying any such thing"; "I can't think what her last name was"; "can you remember her phone number?"; "Do you remember that he once loved you?"; "call up memories"
recover, cerebrate, suppose, mean, reckon, commemorate, mobilize, phone, return, recollect, find, call in, rally, hark back, call up, echo, guess, come back, call, think, intend, conceive, opine, bring forward, imagine, recall, mobilise, commend, believe, call back, think back, think of, ring, consider, remember, cogitate, withdraw, regain, telephone
English Synonyms and Antonyms
The transitive use of recover in the sense of cure, heal, etc., as in 2 Kings v, 6, "That thou mayest recover him of his leprosy," is now practically obsolete. The chief transitive use of recover is in the sense to obtain again after losing, regain, repossess, etc.; as, to recover stolen goods; to recover health. The intransitive sense, be cured, be restored, etc., is very common; as, to recover from sickness, terror, or misfortune.
From; rarely of; (Law) to recover judgment against, to recover damages of or from a person.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use retrieve in a sentence?
Creditors will come to retrieve their debts, and not just the banks, your personal assets are frozen, and you will be sued. It is terrifying, so why don't these bosses simply run away?
There are some families that have been buried under the rubble and no one is able to retrieve their bodies, the regime is just burning and destroying ... and then trying to advance on several fronts.
People who have lost the ability to speak can’t retrieve words or maintain a rhythm in their speech.
The gun slipped out of the holster when he had fallen, and I think he may have tried to retrieve it, there was absolutely no hesitation at all.
I drove a cart around there to retrieve the ball and I didn't see the croc sunbaking just on the edge of the water, i'll just stay away from them, that's all. Just don't hit balls in the water.
Translations for retrieve
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- επανορθώνω, διορθώνω, παίρνω, πίσωGreek
- pelastaa, muistaa, noutaa, [[saada]] [[takaisin]], korjata, palauttaa mieleensä, [[hankkia]] [[takaisin]], pelastus, palautusFinnish
- récupérer, retrouverFrench
- վերհիշել, վերականգնել, վերադարձնել, հետ բերել, փրկելArmenian
- mendapatkan kembaliIndonesian
- rintracciare e recuperare, recuperare, riguadagnare, rintracciare, rimediare, riottenere, raccattare, rintracciare e riportare, riportareItalian
- terugbrengen, opduikelen, terugkrijgen, rechtzetten, redding, redden, herstellen, apporteren, bergenDutch
- uratować, naprawić, przynieść, odzyskiwać, ratować, naprawiać, odzyskać, przypomnieć, zaradzić, przypominać, przynosićPolish
- recuperar, resgatar, remediarPortuguese
- принести́, исправля́ть, верну́ть, приноси́ть, спасти́, испра́вить, возвраща́ть, спаса́ть, вспомина́ть, отыска́ть, вспо́мнить, оты́скиватьRussian
- geri almakTurkish
Get even more translations for retrieve »
Find a translation for the retrieve synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Український (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)