recover, retrieve, find, regain(verb)
get or find back; recover the use of
"She regained control of herself"; "She found her voice and replied quickly"
line up, detect, go back, find oneself, recoup, get, get hold, recollect, recuperate, find, reclaim, rule, notice, convalesce, call up, chance, determine, see, find out, come up, think, encounter, happen, feel, incur, observe, recall, witness, call back, recover, ascertain, bump, remember, regain, obtain, discover, receive
go for and bring back
"retrieve the car from the parking garage"
run after, pick up, and bring to the master
"train the dog to retrieve"
remember, retrieve, recall, call back, call up, recollect, think(verb)
recall knowledge from memory; have a recollection
"I can't remember saying any such thing"; "I can't think what her last name was"; "can you remember her phone number?"; "Do you remember that he once loved you?"; "call up memories"
recover, cerebrate, suppose, mean, reckon, commemorate, mobilize, phone, return, recollect, find, call in, rally, hark back, call up, echo, guess, come back, call, think, intend, conceive, opine, bring forward, imagine, recall, mobilise, commend, believe, call back, think back, think of, ring, consider, remember, cogitate, withdraw, regain, telephone
English Synonyms and Antonyms
The transitive use of recover in the sense of cure, heal, etc., as in 2 Kings v, 6, "That thou mayest recover him of his leprosy," is now practically obsolete. The chief transitive use of recover is in the sense to obtain again after losing, regain, repossess, etc.; as, to recover stolen goods; to recover health. The intransitive sense, be cured, be restored, etc., is very common; as, to recover from sickness, terror, or misfortune.
From; rarely of; (Law) to recover judgment against, to recover damages of or from a person.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use retrieve in a sentence?
When you move that over to a public email address or a personal account, you lose all of that backup capability, so there's no way to actually go back and retrieve it.
Our goal is to retrieve those bodies, the mayor has called it a crime scene so we want it thoroughly investigated.
The gun slipped out of the holster when he had fallen, and I think he may have tried to retrieve it, there was absolutely no hesitation at all.
They'd been there before I was born so I coexisted alongside them, but I remember kicking a soccer ball into one by mistake when I was around six years old. I couldn't go in to retrieve it -- and it only hit me why when I grew up.
Iowa Democratic Party called at 1:23 a.m., I was fast asleep, i had to go out to my car, retrieve my materials and shared with them totals after both alignments and delegate distribution.
Translations for retrieve
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- επανορθώνω, διορθώνω, παίρνω, πίσωGreek
- pelastaa, muistaa, noutaa, [[saada]] [[takaisin]], korjata, palauttaa mieleensä, [[hankkia]] [[takaisin]], pelastus, palautusFinnish
- récupérer, retrouverFrench
- վերհիշել, վերականգնել, վերադարձնել, հետ բերել, փրկելArmenian
- mendapatkan kembaliIndonesian
- rintracciare e recuperare, recuperare, riguadagnare, rintracciare, rimediare, riottenere, raccattare, rintracciare e riportare, riportareItalian
- terugbrengen, opduikelen, terugkrijgen, rechtzetten, redding, redden, herstellen, apporteren, bergenDutch
- uratować, naprawić, przynieść, odzyskiwać, ratować, naprawiać, odzyskać, przypomnieć, zaradzić, przypominać, przynosićPolish
- recuperar, resgatar, remediarPortuguese
- принести́, исправля́ть, верну́ть, приноси́ть, спасти́, испра́вить, возвраща́ть, спаса́ть, вспомина́ть, отыска́ть, вспо́мнить, оты́скиватьRussian
- geri almakTurkish
Get even more translations for retrieve »
Find a translation for the retrieve synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)