English Synonyms and Antonyms
The transitive use of recover in the sense of cure, heal, etc., as in 2 Kings v, 6, "That thou mayest recover him of his leprosy," is now practically obsolete. The chief transitive use of recover is in the sense to obtain again after losing, regain, repossess, etc.; as, to recover stolen goods; to recover health. The intransitive sense, be cured, be restored, etc., is very common; as, to recover from sickness, terror, or misfortune.
From; rarely of; (Law) to recover judgment against, to recover damages of or from a person.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
recover, retrieve, find, regainverb
get or find back; recover the use of
"She regained control of herself"; "She found her voice and replied quickly"
line up, detect, go back, find oneself, recoup, get, get hold, recollect, recuperate, find, reclaim, rule, notice, convalesce, call up, chance, determine, see, find out, come up, think, encounter, happen, feel, incur, observe, recall, witness, call back, recover, ascertain, bump, remember, regain, obtain, discover, receive
go for and bring back
"retrieve the car from the parking garage"
run after, pick up, and bring to the master
"train the dog to retrieve"
remember, retrieve, recall, call back, call up, recollect, thinkverb
recall knowledge from memory; have a recollection
"I can't remember saying any such thing"; "I can't think what her last name was"; "can you remember her phone number?"; "Do you remember that he once loved you?"; "call up memories"
recover, cerebrate, suppose, mean, reckon, commemorate, mobilize, phone, return, recollect, find, call in, rally, hark back, call up, echo, guess, come back, call, think, intend, conceive, opine, bring forward, imagine, recall, mobilise, commend, believe, call back, think back, think of, ring, consider, remember, cogitate, withdraw, regain, telephone
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use retrieve in a sentence?
This video in particular is on a particular type of hard drive that they have the technology to retrieve it off of.
There are still 30 bodies to retrieve. It´s complicated because it´s at the bottom of the river.
It's impossible to find a body in this mud. If a body floats up, we try our best to retrieve it.
Even if there’s a Wi-Fi or internet outage or slowdown, having important documents in your digital wallet means you can retrieve them no matter what.
After Dillon told me that he put his book at the library, I had called to see if we could retrieve it, thinking it was in the lost and found, they did find the book, they loved the content of it, they loved the book itself.
Translations for retrieve
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- διορθώνω, επανορθώνω, παίρνω, πίσωGreek
- pelastus, noutaa, palauttaa mieleensä, muistaa, [[hankkia]] [[takaisin]], [[saada]] [[takaisin]], korjata, palautus, pelastaaFinnish
- récupérer, retrouverFrench
- վերհիշել, հետ բերել, փրկել, վերականգնել, վերադարձնելArmenian
- mendapatkan kembaliIndonesian
- riottenere, raccattare, rintracciare e riportare, riportare, rintracciare e recuperare, rimediare, recuperare, riguadagnare, rintracciareItalian
- rechtzetten, terugbrengen, bergen, apporteren, herstellen, redden, redding, opduikelen, terugkrijgenDutch
- uratować, przynosić, przypominać, ratować, odzyskać, przypomnieć, zaradzić, odzyskiwać, naprawić, przynieść, naprawiaćPolish
- recuperar, remediar, resgatarPortuguese
- исправля́ть, отыска́ть, спасти́, вспомина́ть, испра́вить, возвраща́ть, приноси́ть, вспо́мнить, оты́скивать, верну́ть, спаса́ть, принести́Russian
- geri almakTurkish
Get even more translations for retrieve »
Find a translation for the retrieve synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)