remember, retrieve, recall, call back, call up, recollect, think(verb)
recall knowledge from memory; have a recollection
"I can't remember saying any such thing"; "I can't think what her last name was"; "can you remember her phone number?"; "Do you remember that he once loved you?"; "call up memories"
recover, cerebrate, suppose, mean, reckon, commemorate, mobilize, phone, return, recollect, find, retrieve, call in, rally, hark back, call up, echo, guess, come back, call, think, intend, conceive, opine, bring forward, imagine, recall, mobilise, commend, believe, call back, think back, think of, ring, consider, cogitate, withdraw, regain, telephone
remember, think of(verb)
keep in mind for attention or consideration
"Remember the Alamo"; "Remember to call your mother every day!"; "Think of the starving children in India!"
recall, call back, dream up, entertain, recollect, flirt with, mean, retrieve, look upon, think about, call up, repute, esteem, hatch, think up, concoct, look on, have in mind, regard as, think, commemorate, toy with, commend, think of, take to be, think back
remember, think back(verb)
recapture the past; indulge in memories
"he remembered how he used to pick flowers"
show appreciation to
"He remembered her in his will"
mention favorably, as in prayer
"remember me in your prayers"
mention as by way of greeting or to indicate friendship
"Remember me to your wife"
exercise, or have the power of, memory
"After the shelling, many people lost the ability to remember"; "some remember better than others"
call to remembrance; keep alive the memory of someone or something, as in a ceremony
"We remembered the 50th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz"; "Remember the dead of the First World War"
To recall from one's memory; to have an image in one's memory.
To memorize; to put something into memory.
Please remember this formula!
To not forget (to do something required)
Remember to lock the door when you go out.
To convey greetings.
Please remember me to your brother.
To put in mind; to remind (also used reflexively)
To engage in the process of recalling memories.
You don't have to remind him, he remembers very well.
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
to remember something ; recollect
the recollection of the accident brought tears to my eyes.Submitted by Human on February 5, 2021
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use remember in a sentence?
We have to remember and recognize that in 2003 Philip Anschutz built the cathedral for soccer in the United States, which is now the StubHub Center in Carson.
It's really important to remember that there is no safe amount, no safe time and no safe type of alcohol to drink during pregnancy.
I was completely caught off guard. Seagal was more than twice my size and twice my age. I was not sexually active nor had I ever been naked in front of a man before. I froze… I remember him taking off his robe and the next thing I knew he was inside of me.
I do remember, as a child, that I always imagined, when I was maybe 6 or 7, my fantasy was that everywhere I went I was being followed by an invisible film crew.
We just had this helpless feeling and we wanted to do something for them, with the Boston marathon terror attack, people were sending us cards and food. I just remember how stressed we were and how much that meant to us.
Translations for remember
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- استذكر, تذكرArabic
- помніць, памятаць, памянуць, памінацьBelarusian
- মনে রাখাBengali
- དྲནTibetan Standard
- recordar, rememorarCatalan, Valencian
- pamatovat, zapamatovatCzech
- erinnern, merkenGerman
- darse recuerdos, acordar, recordar, memorizar, retenerSpanish
- به یاد داشتن, یاد کردن, به یاد آوردن, یاد آمدنPersian
- muistaa, painaaFinnish
- retenir, se remémorer, se souvenir, se rappeler, rappelerFrench
- is cuimhin leIrish
- cuimhnich, bi cuimhne aig, meòraichScottish Gaelic
- נזכר, זכרHebrew
- याद करनाHindi
- emlékezik, emlékszikHungarian
- հիշել, մտապահելArmenian
- rimembrare, rammemorare, rammentare, ricordareItalian
- 思い出す, 確認する, 覚える, よろしく伝える, 記憶するJapanese
- ზეპირად დასწავლა, დაზეპირება, დამახსოვრება, ხსოვნა, მოკითხვის გადაცემაGeorgian
- есте сақтау, еске алуKazakh
- هێنانه یاد, لهبیربوونKurdish
- унутпоо, эсте тутууKyrgyz
- recordor, memoror, teneo, meminisse, reminiscor, edisco, mementoLatin
- iegaumēt, atcerēties, atminētiesLatvian
- onthouden, gedenken, herinneren, zich herinnerenDutch
- zapamiętać, pamiętaćPolish
- recordar-se, lembrar-se, decorar, memorizar, lembrarPortuguese
- aminti, tine minteRomanian
- не забывать, помнить, не забыть, вспоминать, напоминать, запоминать, вспомнить, запомнитьRussian
- sjećati, сјећати, sećati, сећатиSerbo-Croatian
- pamätať, spomenúť, zapamätať siSlovak
- zapomniti si, spomniti seSlovene
- minnas, komma ihåg, memoreraSwedish
- дар хотир доштан, ба ёд оварданTajik
- จำได้, จำ, จดจำ, จำไว้Thai
- ýaada salmak, ýatlamakTurkmen
- alalahanin, tandaanTagalog
- öğrenmek, bellemek, anımsamak, hatırlamakTurkish
- یاد کرناUrdu
- yodda tutmoq, eslamoqUzbek
- nhớ, thuộc lòng, thuộcVietnamese
- si rmimbrer, si rapler, si rsovni, si sovniWalloon
Get even more translations for remember »
Find a translation for the remember synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)