remember, retrieve, recall, call back, call up, recollect, think(verb)
recall knowledge from memory; have a recollection
"I can't remember saying any such thing"; "I can't think what her last name was"; "can you remember her phone number?"; "Do you remember that he once loved you?"; "call up memories"
recover, cerebrate, suppose, mean, reckon, commemorate, mobilize, phone, return, recollect, find, retrieve, call in, rally, hark back, call up, echo, guess, come back, call, think, intend, conceive, opine, bring forward, imagine, recall, mobilise, commend, believe, call back, think back, think of, ring, consider, cogitate, withdraw, regain, telephone
remember, think of(verb)
keep in mind for attention or consideration
"Remember the Alamo"; "Remember to call your mother every day!"; "Think of the starving children in India!"
recall, call back, dream up, entertain, recollect, flirt with, mean, retrieve, look upon, think about, call up, repute, esteem, hatch, think up, concoct, look on, have in mind, regard as, think, commemorate, toy with, commend, think of, take to be, think back
remember, think back(verb)
recapture the past; indulge in memories
"he remembered how he used to pick flowers"
show appreciation to
"He remembered her in his will"
mention favorably, as in prayer
"remember me in your prayers"
mention as by way of greeting or to indicate friendship
"Remember me to your wife"
exercise, or have the power of, memory
"After the shelling, many people lost the ability to remember"; "some remember better than others"
call to remembrance; keep alive the memory of someone or something, as in a ceremony
"We remembered the 50th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz"; "Remember the dead of the First World War"
To recall from one's memory; to have an image in one's memory.
To memorize; to put something into memory.
Please remember this formula!
To not forget (to do something required)
Remember to lock the door when you go out.
To convey greetings.
Please remember me to your brother.
To put in mind; to remind (also used reflexively)
To engage in the process of recalling memories.
You don't have to remind him, he remembers very well.
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Dictionary of English Synonymes
Words popularity by usage frequency
How to use remember in a sentence?
If you remember when I first came in, we didn't have ammunition, not a good way to fight a war. President Obama left us No Ammunition, OK.
You've just limited your ability to do something, i would argue you're going to have to ramp up sanctions. It needs to be very serious. Remember - a nation-state was threatening violence.
Far better to think historically, to remember the lessons of the past. Thus, far better to conceive of power as consisting in part of the knowledge of when not to use all the power you have. Far better to be one who knows that if you reserve the power not to use all your power, you will lead others far more successfully and well.
This boy is dead now, I knew it before taking him in my arms, I can remember his face, his suffering, his voice.
At night we heard the sound of firing just 100 meters (330 feet) away from my house. The next morning when the forces had left and we came out of the house we saw 13 people had been shot dead, even though I was a child, I still remember the bodies everywhere and how their clothes were covered in blood. All those scenes are still alive in my memory.
Translations for remember
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- استذكر, تذكرArabic
- помніць, памятаць, памянуць, памінацьBelarusian
- মনে রাখাBengali
- དྲནTibetan Standard
- recordar, rememorarCatalan, Valencian
- pamatovat, zapamatovatCzech
- erinnern, merkenGerman
- darse recuerdos, acordar, recordar, memorizar, retenerSpanish
- به یاد داشتن, یاد کردن, به یاد آوردن, یاد آمدنPersian
- muistaa, painaaFinnish
- retenir, se remémorer, se souvenir, se rappeler, rappelerFrench
- is cuimhin leIrish
- cuimhnich, bi cuimhne aig, meòraichScottish Gaelic
- נזכר, זכרHebrew
- याद करनाHindi
- emlékezik, emlékszikHungarian
- հիշել, մտապահելArmenian
- rimembrare, rammemorare, rammentare, ricordareItalian
- 思い出す, 確認する, 覚える, よろしく伝える, 記憶するJapanese
- ზეპირად დასწავლა, დაზეპირება, დამახსოვრება, ხსოვნა, მოკითხვის გადაცემაGeorgian
- есте сақтау, еске алуKazakh
- هێنانه یاد, لهبیربوونKurdish
- унутпоо, эсте тутууKyrgyz
- recordor, memoror, teneo, meminisse, reminiscor, edisco, mementoLatin
- iegaumēt, atcerēties, atminētiesLatvian
- onthouden, gedenken, herinneren, zich herinnerenDutch
- zapamiętać, pamiętaćPolish
- recordar-se, lembrar-se, decorar, memorizar, lembrarPortuguese
- aminti, tine minteRomanian
- не забывать, помнить, не забыть, вспоминать, напоминать, запоминать, вспомнить, запомнитьRussian
- sjećati, сјећати, sećati, сећатиSerbo-Croatian
- pamätať, spomenúť, zapamätať siSlovak
- zapomniti si, spomniti seSlovene
- minnas, komma ihåg, memoreraSwedish
- дар хотир доштан, ба ёд оварданTajik
- จำได้, จำ, จดจำ, จำไว้Thai
- ýaada salmak, ýatlamakTurkmen
- alalahanin, tandaanTagalog
- öğrenmek, bellemek, anımsamak, hatırlamakTurkish
- یاد کرناUrdu
- yodda tutmoq, eslamoqUzbek
- nhớ, thuộc lòng, thuộcVietnamese
- si rmimbrer, si rapler, si rsovni, si sovniWalloon
Get even more translations for remember »
Find a translation for the remember synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)