Synonyms for remember
This thesaurus page includes all potential synonyms, words with the same meaning and similar terms for the word remember.
Wiktionary0.0 / 0 votes
To recall from one's memory; to have an image in one's memory.
To memorize; to put something into memory.
Please remember this formula!
To not forget (to do something required)
Remember to lock the door when you go out.
To convey greetings.
Please remember me to your brother.
To put in mind; to remind (also used reflexively)
To engage in the process of recalling memories.
You don't have to remind him, he remembers very well.
English Synonyms and Antonyms0.0 / 0 votes
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms0.0 / 0 votes
Princeton's WordNet4.0 / 2 votes
remember, retrieve, recall, call back, call up, recollect, thinkverb
recall knowledge from memory; have a recollection
"I can't remember saying any such thing"; "I can't think what her last name was"; "can you remember her phone number?"; "Do you remember that he once loved you?"; "call up memories"
recover, cerebrate, suppose, mean, reckon, commemorate, mobilize, phone, return, recollect, find, retrieve, call in, rally, hark back, call up, echo, guess, come back, call, think, intend, conceive, opine, bring forward, imagine, recall, mobilise, commend, believe, call back, think back, think of, ring, consider, cogitate, withdraw, regain, telephone
remember, think ofverb
keep in mind for attention or consideration
"Remember the Alamo"; "Remember to call your mother every day!"; "Think of the starving children in India!"
recall, call back, dream up, entertain, recollect, flirt with, mean, retrieve, look upon, think about, call up, repute, esteem, hatch, think up, concoct, look on, have in mind, regard as, think, commemorate, toy with, commend, think of, take to be, think back
remember, think backverb
recapture the past; indulge in memories
"he remembered how he used to pick flowers"
show appreciation to
"He remembered her in his will"
mention favorably, as in prayer
"remember me in your prayers"
mention as by way of greeting or to indicate friendship
"Remember me to your wife"
exercise, or have the power of, memory
"After the shelling, many people lost the ability to remember"; "some remember better than others"
call to remembrance; keep alive the memory of someone or something, as in a ceremony
"We remembered the 50th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz"; "Remember the dead of the First World War"
to remember something ; recollect
the recollection of the accident brought tears to my eyes.Submitted by Human on February 5, 2021
Dictionary of English Synonymes0.0 / 0 votes
Words popularity by usage frequency
You cannot go around and keep score. If you keep score on the good things and the bad things, you'll find out that you're a very miserable person. God gave man the ability to forget, which is one of the greatest attributes you have. Because if you remember everything that's happened to you, you generally remember that which is the most unfortunate.
If you want to win friends, make it a point to remember them. If you remember my name, you pay me a subtle compliment you indicate that I have made an impression on you. Remember my name and you add to my feeling of importance.
I remember when I believed I could not; I remember when I decided to try; I remember the long nights towards perfecting my craft; and soon, I will be remembered as the gold standard.
I don't remember how old it was. I remember I was in the sixth grade when I got my first cell phone. It was a BlackBerry, and it was amazing, i didn't know that text messages cost you back then, so I remember I went over my bill $ 500, and I grew up basically in a poor family, so I remember my mom almost shot me. It was crazy.
I dont remember all the details, i remember the skirt. I remember the fingers. I remember she was devastated.
Translations for remember
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- استذكر, تذكرArabic
- помніць, памятаць, памянуць, памінацьBelarusian
- মনে রাখাBengali
- དྲནTibetan Standard
- recordar, rememorarCatalan, Valencian
- pamatovat, zapamatovatCzech
- erinnern, merkenGerman
- darse recuerdos, acordar, recordar, memorizar, retenerSpanish
- به یاد داشتن, یاد کردن, به یاد آوردن, یاد آمدنPersian
- muistaa, painaaFinnish
- retenir, se remémorer, se souvenir, se rappeler, rappelerFrench
- is cuimhin leIrish
- cuimhnich, bi cuimhne aig, meòraichScottish Gaelic
- נזכר, זכרHebrew
- याद करनाHindi
- emlékezik, emlékszikHungarian
- հիշել, մտապահելArmenian
- rimembrare, rammemorare, rammentare, ricordareItalian
- 思い出す, 確認する, 覚える, よろしく伝える, 記憶するJapanese
- ზეპირად დასწავლა, დაზეპირება, დამახსოვრება, ხსოვნა, მოკითხვის გადაცემაGeorgian
- есте сақтау, еске алуKazakh
- هێنانه یاد, لهبیربوونKurdish
- унутпоо, эсте тутууKyrgyz
- recordor, memoror, teneo, meminisse, reminiscor, edisco, mementoLatin
- iegaumēt, atcerēties, atminētiesLatvian
- onthouden, gedenken, herinneren, zich herinnerenDutch
- zapamiętać, pamiętaćPolish
- recordar-se, lembrar-se, decorar, memorizar, lembrarPortuguese
- aminti, tine minteRomanian
- не забывать, помнить, не забыть, вспоминать, напоминать, запоминать, вспомнить, запомнитьRussian
- sjećati, сјећати, sećati, сећатиSerbo-Croatian
- pamätať, spomenúť, zapamätať siSlovak
- zapomniti si, spomniti seSlovene
- minnas, komma ihåg, memoreraSwedish
- дар хотир доштан, ба ёд оварданTajik
- จำได้, จำ, จดจำ, จำไว้Thai
- ýaada salmak, ýatlamakTurkmen
- alalahanin, tandaanTagalog
- öğrenmek, bellemek, anımsamak, hatırlamakTurkish
- یاد کرناUrdu
- yodda tutmoq, eslamoqUzbek
- nhớ, thuộc lòng, thuộcVietnamese
- si rmimbrer, si rapler, si rsovni, si sovniWalloon
Get even more translations for remember »
Find a translation for the remember synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"remember." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 1 Dec. 2023. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/remember>.