Synonyms for feeling
This thesaurus page includes all potential synonyms, words with the same meaning and similar terms for the word feeling.
English Synonyms and Antonyms0.0 / 0 votes
Sensation is the mind's consciousness due to a bodily affection, as of heat or cold; perception is the cognition of some external object which is the cause or occasion of the sensation; the sensation of heat may be connected with the perception of a fire. While sensations are connected with the body, emotions, as joy, grief, etc., are wholly of the mind. "As the most of them [the sensations] are positively agreeable or the opposite, they are nearly akin to those emotions, as hope or terror, or those passions, as anger and envy, which are acknowledged by all to belong exclusively to the spirit, and to involve no relation whatever to matter or the bodily organism. Such feelings are not infrequently styled sensations, though improperly."
PorterHuman Intellect § 112, p. 128. [ Chas. Scribner's Sons'90.] Feeling is a general term popularly denoting what is felt, whether through the body or by the mind alone, and includes both sensation and emotion. A sense is an organ or faculty of sensation or of perception.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms2.0 / 1 vote
Princeton's WordNet0.0 / 0 votes
the experiencing of affective and emotional states
"she had a feeling of euphoria"; "he had terrible feelings of guilt"; "I disliked him and the feeling was mutual"
impression, feeling, belief, notion, opinionnoun
a vague idea in which some confidence is placed
"his impression of her was favorable"; "what are your feelings about the crisis?"; "it strengthened my belief in his sincerity"; "I had a feeling that she was lying"
persuasion, touch, public opinion, flavour, stamp, mental picture, imprint, smell, ruling, view, legal opinion, flavor, tactile sensation, whim, impression, touch sensation, thought, printing, effect, picture, opinion, belief, sentiment, spirit, tactual sensation, tone, popular opinion, whimsy, feel, judgment, judgement, depression, notion, whimsey, vox populi, intuitive feeling, look
spirit, tone, feel, feeling, flavor, flavour, look, smellnoun
the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people
"the feel of the city excited him"; "a clergyman improved the tone of the meeting"; "it had the smell of treason"
looking at, pure tone, touch, tactile property, life, timber, look, olfactory perception, timbre, sprightliness, step, tone of voice, smell, olfactory property, aspect, disembodied spirit, savor, feel, quality, tactile sensation, whole tone, impression, touch sensation, scent, aroma, savour, opinion, belief, olfactory sensation, sense of smell, facial expression, odour, shade, spirit, emotional state, tonicity, tone, sapidity, whole step, olfaction, flavour, heart, smack, tang, olfactory modality, odor, tonus, tincture, intent, tactual sensation, expression, notion, intuitive feeling, purport, relish, looking, flavor, face, musical note, liveliness, smelling, tint, note
a physical sensation that you experience
"he had a queasy feeling"; "I had a strange feeling in my leg"; "he lost all feeling in his arm"
touch, touch sensation, tactual sensation, tactile sensation, feelingnoun
the sensation produced by pressure receptors in the skin
"she likes the touch of silk on her skin"; "the surface had a greasy feeling"
hint, touch, tactility, signature, mite, skin senses, ghost, flavour, spot, jot, sense of touch, cutaneous senses, touch modality, trace, tactile sensation, tinge, skin perceptiveness, soupcon, impression, touch sensation, speck, touching, opinion, belief, spirit, tactual sensation, tone, feel, smell, pinch, notion, contact, intuitive feeling, touch perception, flavor, look
feeling, intuitive feelingnoun
an intuitive understanding of something
"he had a great feeling for music"
Dictionary of English Synonymes0.0 / 0 votes
sense of touch
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words0.0 / 0 votes
Words popularity by usage frequency
Feeling without judgement is a washy draught indeed but judgement untempered by feeling is too bitter and husky a morsel for human deglutition.
We did this survey on well-being at my work and they did one of those word clouds where they asked everyone to type in what they were feeling. I said I was feeling tired and anxious, and those were the two biggest words by far, the problem with being isolated like this is you're often thinking,' I'm a freak. Everybody else is fine and doing great while I seem to be really struggling.' So even just knowing that other people are feeling like this, it's comforting.
Chances are pretty good that you are not alone in feeling lonely, and sharing how you are feeling may empower others to do the same, reach out to someone who may also be feeling that way and talk about ways you can stay connected and support each other.
What seem our worst prayers may really be, in God's eyes, our best. Those, I mean, which are least supported by devotional feeling. For these may come from a deeper level than feeling. God sometimes seems to speak to us most intimately when he catches us, as it were, off our guard.
We are feeling Climate Change. We are feeling Climate Change, we are feeling droughts, we are feeling floods. And this is becoming a crisis. It's leading to food insecurity, it's leading to more conflict within the area because people are competing for the little resources that are available.
Translations for feeling
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- emosies, emosie, gevoelens, voorgevoel, sensasie, intuïsie, gevoel, gevoelig, sensitiefAfrikaans
- усещане, осезание, чувство, чувства, емоцияBulgarian
- city, pocit, citCzech
- teimlad, teimladau, greddfWelsh
- Emotion, Gefühl, Gefühle, gefühlvoll, einfühlsamGerman
- emocioj, emocio, sentoj, sentemeco, opinio, natura talento, amsento, sento, impreso, sentemaEsperanto
- emoción, intuición, sentimientos, presentimiento, corazonada, sensación, sentimiento, sentimentalSpanish
- tunne, meeleoluEstonian
- احساس, حسPersian
- tunne, tuntemus, tunteellinenFinnish
- intuition, émotion, sentiments, sentiment, impression, sensation, sentimentalFrench
- faireachdainnScottish Gaelic
- הרגשה, רגשות, רגש, רגישה, רגישHebrew
- भावना, जज़्बात, एहसासHindi
- santimanHaitian Creole
- intuíció, érzés, megérzés, érzelem, érzelmek, érzékelés, érzések, együttérző, érzőHungarian
- զգացմունք, զգացումArmenian
- tilfinningar, tilfinningIcelandic
- sensazioni, senso, emozione, emozioni, urtare la suscettibiltà, sentimento, ferire i sentimenti, tatto, intuito, sensazioneItalian
- 恋, 気, 感覚, 感情, 直感, 敏感Japanese
- ههست, هۆشهKurdish
- Gefiller, Gefill, Intuitioun, EmotiounLuxembourgish, Letzeburgesch
- jausmas, emocija, jutimas, pojūtisLithuanian
- emocija, jūtas, sajūtaLatvian
- perasaan, hatiMalay
- følelser, følelseNorwegian
- gevoelens, gevoel, emotie, voorgevoel, gevoeligDutch
- følelsar, følelseNorwegian Nynorsk
- uczucie, uczuciaPolish
- pressentimento, sensação, sentimentos, idéia, impressão, intuição, emoção, sensível, emotivo, sentimentalPortuguese
- sentiment, sentimente, sentimentalRomanian
- чувство, эмоция, симпатия, гордость, самолюбие, ощущение, предчувствие, чувствительныйRussian
- ocjeћaj, osjećaj, osecaj, осећајSerbo-Croatian
- känslor, sensation, känsla, känsligt, känsligSwedish
- అంతర్వాణి, అనుభూతి, భావంTelugu
- duygu, hissetme, his, hassas, duyarlı, duygusalTurkish
- rờ móVietnamese
Get even more translations for feeling »
Find a translation for the feeling synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"feeling." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 6 Dec. 2023. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/feeling>.