express, express mail(noun)
mail that is distributed by a rapid and efficient system
public transport consisting of a fast train or bus that makes only a few scheduled stops
"he caught the express to New York"
rapid transport of goods
not tacit or implied
"her express wish"
without unnecessary stops
"an express train"; "an express shipment"
express, show, evince(verb)
give expression to
"She showed her disappointment"
extract, usher, press out, testify, evince, designate, picture, indicate, record, convey, show, show up, evidence, demo, demonstrate, prove, read, bear witness, give tongue to, depict, shew, state, present, utter, carry, establish, verbalise, register, render, point, verbalize, exhibit
express, verbalize, verbalise, utter, give tongue to(verb)
articulate; either verbally or with a cry, shout, or noise
"She expressed her anger"; "He uttered a curse"
carry, convey, express(verb)
serve as a means for expressing something
"The painting of Mary carries motherly love"; "His voice carried a lot of anger"
verbalize, persuade, comport, dribble, get, pack, have a bun in the oven, impart, behave, show, verbalise, run, sway, evince, give tongue to, take, communicate, expect, deport, fetch, extend, state, utter, press out, channel, carry, transport, stock, hold, bring, acquit, convey, post, conduct, transmit, contain, gestate, extract, stockpile, bear
indicate through a symbol, formula, etc.
"Can you express this distance in kilometers?"
manifest the effects of (a gene or genetic trait)
"Many of the laboratory animals express the trait"
press out, express, extract(verb)
obtain from a substance, as by mechanical action
"Italians express coffee rather than filter it"
extract, press out, evince, give tongue to, draw out, distil, convey, state, stub out, educe, pull out, crush out, evoke, extinguish, pull, elicit, verbalize, utter, distill, carry, excerpt, verbalise, press, take out, pull up, show
send by rapid transport or special messenger service
"She expressed the letter to Florida"
"please send the letter express"
English Synonyms and Antonyms
Both explicit and express are opposed to what is merely implicit or implied. That which is explicit is unfolded, so that it may not be obscure, doubtful, or ambiguous; that which is express is uttered or stated so decidedly that it may not be forgotten nor overlooked. An explicit statement is too clear to be misunderstood; an express command is too emphatic to be disregarded. Compare CLEAR.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
Dictionary of English Synonymes
send by express
Expanded Prophylaxis Evaluation Surgery Study
Translations for express
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- أعرب, التعبيرArabic
- вы́казаць, выка́звацьBelarusian
- изразя, изричен, експресен, точен, експрес, изстисквам, изразявам, бързBulgarian
- expressarCatalan, Valencian
- vyjadřovat, výslovný, vyjádřitCzech
- ausdrücken, äußern, ausdrücklichGerman
- expresar, exprimirSpanish
- yksikäsitteinen, pika-, pikavuoro, pikajuna, erittää, ilmaista, ilmeinenFinnish
- kijelent, kisajtol, kifejez, expressz, kimond, kicsavar, kinyomHungarian
- esprimere, espressoItalian
- 快速, 明確, 特別, 表す, 急行, 述べる, 表現, 明白Japanese
- izteikt, izsacīt, izpaustLatvian
- whakawhetē, whakatēMāori
- изразува, изразиMacedonian
- gedetailleerd, snel, uitdrukkenDutch
- wyrazić, wyrażaćPolish
- espremer, expresso, extrair, expressarPortuguese
- tren expres, exprese, expresRomanian
- выража́ть, экспресс, вы́разитьRussian
- изражавати, izraziti, izražavati, изразитиSerbo-Croatian
- vyjadriť, vyjadrovaťSlovak
- izraziti, izražatiSlovene
- uttrycklig, express, uttryckaSwedish
- ви́разити, виража́ти, виразитиUkrainian
- biểu hiệnVietnamese
- fé tchitchî, fé brotchî foûWalloon
Get even more translations for express »
Find a translation for the express synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Український (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)