Synonyms for Round
This thesaurus page is about all possible synonyms, equivalent, same meaning and similar words for the term Round.
Complete Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
round, unit of ammunition, one shotnoun
a charge of ammunition for a single shot
cycle, rhythm, roundnoun
an interval during which a recurring sequence of events occurs
"the never-ending cycle of the seasons"
turn, cycles/second, speech rhythm, bout, cycle per second, calendar method of birth control, beat, stave, cycle, one shot, round of drinks, unit of ammunition, daily round, wheel, musical rhythm, circle, rhythm, cps, round of golf, rhythm method of birth control, regular recurrence, oscillation, rhythm method, calendar method, hertz, rung, troll, bicycle, round, bike
a regular route for a sentry or policeman
"in the old days a policeman walked a beat and knew all his people by name"
beatnik, metre, pulse, meter, heartbeat, rung, round of drinks, unit of ammunition, musical rhythm, measure, daily round, round, pulsation, circle, rhythm, one shot, round of golf, cycle, beat, troll, cadence, turn, bout, stave
(often plural) a series of professional calls (usually in a set order)
"the doctor goes on his rounds first thing every morning"; "the postman's rounds"; "we enjoyed our round of the local bars"
round of golf, roundnoun
the activity of playing 18 holes of golf
"a round of golf takes about 4 hours"
round, daily roundnoun
the usual activities in your day
"the doctor made his rounds"
turn, bout, roundnoun
(sports) a division during which one team is on the offensive
routine, turn of events, spell, circle, play, beat, number, stave, twist, bend, round of drinks, tour, turning, daily round, round, troll, rung, unit of ammunition, rhythm, tear, round of golf, one shot, good turn, bust, act, bout, crook, cycle, go, turn, bit, binge
the course along which communications spread
"the story is going the rounds in Washington"
round, round of drinksnoun
a serving to each of a group (usually alcoholic)
"he ordered a second round"
a cut of beef between the rump and the lower leg
a partsong in which voices follow each other; one voice starts and others join in one after another until all are singing different parts of the song at the same time
"they enjoyed singing rounds"
an outburst of applause
"there was a round of applause"
rung, round, stavenoun
a crosspiece between the legs of a chair
any circular or rotating mechanism
"the machine punched out metal circles"
turn, rotary, circle, lot, roofy, round of drinks, beat, set, dress circle, rophy, unit of ammunition, roach, daily round, round, troll, rung, lap, rhythm, one shot, round of golf, cycle, roundabout, band, circuit, rope, forget me drug, traffic circle, bout, stave
having a circular shape
orotund, rotund, round, pear-shapedadjective
(of sounds) full and rich
"orotund tones"; "the rotund and reverberating phrase"; "pear-shaped vowels"
(mathematics) expressed to the nearest integer, ten, hundred, or thousand
"in round numbers"
wind around; move along a circular course
"round the bend"
round, round out, round offverb
"round the edges"
round, labialize, labialiseverb
pronounce with rounded lips
attack, round, assail, lash out, snipe, assaultverb
attack in speech or writing
"The editors of the left-leaning paper attacked the new House Speaker"
ravish, round out, set on, polish up, rape, violate, round down, polish, snipe, lash out, outrage, assail, fill out, dishonor, round, assault, labialise, brush up, attack, labialize, flesh out, aggress, dishonour, sharpshoot, round off
polish, round, round off, polish up, brush upverb
bring to a highly developed, finished, or refined state
"polish your social manners"
refresh, smooth, shine, polish up, round out, smoothen, polish, snipe, lash out, assail, fill out, down, fine-tune, assault, labialise, brush up, attack, labialize, refine, round down, flesh out, review, round, round off
round off, round down, round out, roundverb
express as a round number
"round off the amount"
round, flesh out, fill outadverb
become round, plump, or shapely
"The young woman is fleshing out"
snipe, lucubrate, expatiate, expound, fatten, exposit, complete, labialize, fat, round down, round off, fill out, dilate, flesh out, lash out, plump out, assail, plump, round, elaborate, attack, pad, round out, fatten out, fill in, enlarge, make out, brush up, fatten up, expand, polish up, assault, eke out, labialise, polish
from beginning to end; throughout
"It rains all year round on Skye"; "frigid weather the year around"
Dictionary of English Synonymes
rung (of a ladder)
Synonyms, Antonyms & Associated Words
Words popularity by usage frequency
I always tell our players when I talk to them, you’ve got to play each play like it’s your last because you’re not guaranteed the next one, and we finally know what that means. And I finally know what that means, and know what that feels like. Cincinnati Bengals running back Joe Mixon( 28) runs past Tennessee Titans cornerback Kristian Fulton( 26) during the first half of an NFL divisional round playoff football game, Saturday, Jan. 22, 2022, in Nashville, Tenn. ( AP Photo/Mark Zaleski).
I probably sleep less, but I at least get quality sleep, i tailor my schedule way more than I used to when I was young. Offseason, too. I dont really take any break at all. I just kind of continuously work out year-round.
Believe me, I know that it's not going to be easy, that I'm going to have to work hard to earn every single vote and get every caucus-goer I can round up to show up next February.
We believe that if a combination of any of the major railroads in North America were to occur, it would trigger the final round of consolidations and BNSF would be actively involved.
Fat Bear Week gives us a chance to have a little fun, fat Bear Week lets us celebrate the fact that the salmon run was healthy enough to get the bears( to) their peak fat state. And who doesn't love how adorable the bears are as they round out in the fall ?
Translations for Round
From our Multilingual Translation Dictionary
- مُدَوَّر, دائرةArabic
- круглы, кругBelarusian
- кръгъл, кръгBulgarian
- rodó, voltaCatalan, Valencian
- zakončit, vrhnout, kulatý, zaokrouhlit, zahnout, obchůzka, kánon, kolo, rundaCzech
- rund, gerundet, mollig, abgerundet, Kreis, Runde, Visite (doctor's round)German
- στρογγυλεμένος, στρογγυλόςGreek
- redondo, esférico, circularSpanish
- مدور, گرد, دور, دایرهPersian
- pyöreä, suorittaa, pyöristyä, ympäri, kiertää, täysi, pulska, pyöristää, päätös, pullea, koukata, ammus, erä, askelma, pyöristys, pyöristyslista, kierros, annos, pyörösivellin, patruuna, ympyrä, paisti, aplodit, kaanon, kuuriFinnish
- complet, rond, arrondi, ronde, tournée, coup, éclat, épreuve, tour, round, canonFrench
- cruinn, urcharIrish
- cruinn, crom, cruinnich, cuairtScottish Gaelic
- lekerekített, megkerül, labiális, ajakkerekítéses, kerekített, lekerekít, kerekítHungarian
- կլորել, կլորացնել, համայցArmenian
- cirkla, cirklalaIdo
- rotondo, tondo, cerchio, giro, scroscio, esplosione, mano, ciclo, pennello a testa tonda, imbottitura, carica, antiurto, bisello, piolo, circolo, salva, scoppio, canone, serie, girello, ripresa, lombo, smussaturaItalian
- 丸い, 丸, ラウンド, 円Japanese
- خڕ, جهمKurdish
- rotundus, globōsusLatin
- užapvalintas, suapvalintas, apvalusLithuanian
- whakaawhiwhi, tāwhe, porokawa, tōpuku, raunaMāori
- кружен, кругMacedonian
- ဝိုင်း, လုံးBurmese
- rond, afgerond, mollig, dik, ronde, canonDutch
- názbąsNavajo, Navaho
- okrągły, zaokrąglać, obchód, pocisk, runda, okrąg, krąg, koło, kolejka, nabójPolish
- ګرد, غونډPashto, Pushto
- arredondado, redondo, arredondar, rechonchudo, esférico, terminar, findar, virar, roliço, dobrar, rotundo, concluir, finalizar, acabar, virar-se contra, rodela, degrau, círculo, ronda, cânone, [[pincel]] [[redondo]], round, tempo, lombo, salva, rodada, dose, assalto, cargaPortuguese
- округлить, скруглять, округлый, округлять, круглый, полный, скруглить, огибать, обогнуть, закруглённый, кон, тайм, раунд, круг, обход, игра, партия, патронRussian
- круг, krugSerbo-Croatian
- okrúhly, kruhSlovak
- zaobljen, okrogel, zaobliti, zaokrožiti, runda, krog, obhodSlovene
- rund, avrundad, runda, rundad, vända, runda av, allsidig, avrunda, golfrunda, omgång, kanon, rond, varv, patronSwedish
- küresel, yuvarlak, tam, yumuşak, kurşun, mermi, raund, çemberTurkish
- круглий, круг, колоUkrainian
Get even more translations for Round »
Find a translation for the Round synonym in other languages:
Select another language:
- - Select -
- 简体中文 (Chinese - Simplified)
- 繁體中文 (Chinese - Traditional)
- Español (Spanish)
- Esperanto (Esperanto)
- 日本語 (Japanese)
- Português (Portuguese)
- Deutsch (German)
- العربية (Arabic)
- Français (French)
- Русский (Russian)
- ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada)
- 한국어 (Korean)
- עברית (Hebrew)
- Gaeilge (Irish)
- Українська (Ukrainian)
- اردو (Urdu)
- Magyar (Hungarian)
- मानक हिन्दी (Hindi)
- Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Italiano (Italian)
- தமிழ் (Tamil)
- Türkçe (Turkish)
- తెలుగు (Telugu)
- ภาษาไทย (Thai)
- Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Čeština (Czech)
- Polski (Polish)
- Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian)
- Românește (Romanian)
- Nederlands (Dutch)
- Ελληνικά (Greek)
- Latinum (Latin)
- Svenska (Swedish)
- Dansk (Danish)
- Suomi (Finnish)
- فارسی (Persian)
- ייִדיש (Yiddish)
- հայերեն (Armenian)
- Norsk (Norwegian)
- English (English)
Use the citation below to add these synonyms to your bibliography:
"Round." Synonyms.com. STANDS4 LLC, 2023. Web. 29 Jan. 2023. <https://www.synonyms.com/synonym/Round>.